Home

MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 02:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
What's your technique for picking up the ball out of the pitcher's hand? Where are you looking before the pitch?
I try to follow the ball from the beginning of the pitcher's motion til the release (and forth). If I concentrate on that (which sounds easier than it is as I tend to lose my focus, especially if I do not make enough hits) I see the brake and especially pitches outside the strike zone much better.

Last edited by Battman; 04-14-2015 at 02:35 AM. Reason: O
Old 04-14-2015, 02:43 AM   #10
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter

I read a post on here a few years back, it said the best spot to look at to pick up the ball is the pitchers head, also if yoou are striking out to much or just not hitting in general, remember to not use power swing and USE CONTACT SWING WITH TWO STRIKES, that is very important if you dont want to strike out a boat load every game.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #11
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
I try to follow the ball from the beginning of the pitcher's motion til the release (and forth). If I concentrate on that (which sounds easier than it is as I tend to lose my focus, especially if I do not make enough hits) I see the brake and especially pitches outside the strike zone much better.
Same here.

You will lose the ball behind the pitcher's head/back for a moment, but I almost always pick up the ball better that way. If I don't focus on the wind up as closely and pick up the ball for the first time next to the pitcher's head(just before release), that's when I start to get into trouble.

I find myself taking a good number of first pitches in an at bat, which is a good strategy in and of itself, but it also helps me to reset. If I know that I'm 100% not going to swing, that gives me an opportunity to fully concentrate on timing the pitcher's wind up, as well as picking up on the baseball as early as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 07:26 AM   #12
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

I am a hacker but I have walked more this year than I ever have before and I been playing the show since 2011. Either my eye seems to be better or lucky or something else but it is different to me .The pitches seem to have more movement thus more out of the strike zone at times not sure but I will take the walks. JMHO
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by BSUFAN; 04-14-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #13
Rookie

DeJohn11's Arena

OVR: 1
I had a wonderful at bat last night against Cueto. I play on legend with the pitch speed all the way up. Full count on Josh Harrison and kept fouling off and spoiling tough pitches. 11th pitch of the at bat drilled a run scoring double into the right center gap. Pretty good feeling. Went on to beat the Reds 6-1 for the opening day victory.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #14
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
I read a post on here a few years back, it said the best spot to look at to pick up the ball is the pitchers head, also if yoou are striking out to much or just not hitting in general, remember to not use power swing and USE CONTACT SWING WITH TWO STRIKES, that is very important if you dont want to strike out a boat load every game.
I have cut down on my strikeouts by focusing on the pitchers head as it helps me pick up the ball quicker. Now if I could only figure out how to properly time my swing this year which is becoming a real struggle.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #15
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

Try the guess pitch thing, it worked for me till i didnt need it anymore, first- make sure you turn guess pitch on, second, every pitch or every other pitch (depending on how bad your hitting) guess fastball, if the pitch is a fastball it will blink red, if it doesnt blink red then you will know something slower than a fastball is coming, that will help you be able to wait longer for offspeed pitches but you can still be struck out by 2 seamers and cutters/ sinkers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #16
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

It's probably all in my head, but lately with a left handed hitter I have no problem, a right handed hitter I struggle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »