Home

MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #25
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo1914
With the show you have to go up to the plate liek you are hitting in real life. THIS IS FOR ZONE HITTING First what I do is

1.I turn off guess pitch (This will not help your pure hitting skills)
2. Make sure you pick the camera for you. Not your friend camera but pick the camera that you can see the ball leave the pitcher hand the best. I use catcher classic.
3. I always take the first pitch. I just put the control down when the first pitch comes. Most of the time it will be a ball. If its wild pitch I take the second one as well. If you get a strike so be it. The only time I will take the first pitch if the pitcher is tired. You can kill the pitcher by doing this.
4. What I do is change the PCI to outline or classic. I know you guys think I am crazy but what this does this blocks your view of the strike zone. It forces you to look at the ball leave the pitcher's hand. I think the worst thing you can do is focus on the strike zone itself. In real life you dont focus on the strike zone you focus on the ball leaving the pitchers hand.

Doing all of these steps will allow you to work the count and become a better hitter.
This is basically what I do, but i use TNKs custom camera set up. For the first half of the at bat, I will just sit in the bottom 3rd of the zone with my PCI and just stare at it, and right when it is released from the pitcher, you can pick up the break and where it is going. And react off of that. I still tend to chase low, but really helps me lay off pitches off the plate.

If I am slumping I will always take the first pitch, but usually I am looking to drive the first pitch into the gaps.

Also if I find my self struggling I will just play on contact, more forgiving with check swings, and for some reason when I feel like I am not trying to drive the ball, I tend to focus more on release points and break, and work counts alot better.

And never ever ever power swing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 09:06 AM   #26
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
This is basically what I do, but i use TNKs custom camera set up. For the first half of the at bat, I will just sit in the bottom 3rd of the zone with my PCI and just stare at it, and right when it is released from the pitcher, you can pick up the break and where it is going. And react off of that. I still tend to chase low, but really helps me lay off pitches off the plate.

If I am slumping I will always take the first pitch, but usually I am looking to drive the first pitch into the gaps.

Also if I find my self struggling I will just play on contact, more forgiving with check swings, and for some reason when I feel like I am not trying to drive the ball, I tend to focus more on release points and break, and work counts alot better.

And never ever ever power swing.
I was going to say the same thing. I never, ever use the power swing. You can get plenty of power with the normal swing if you make good contact. I will use the contact swing if I have two strikes and men on base, but I'd say 90% of my swings are normal. I just feel like I'm early on EVERYTHING.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #27
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Working the Count as a Hitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
It's probably all in my head, but lately with a left handed hitter I have no problem, a right handed hitter I struggle.

I have this same problem, I'm a lefty IRL so it just seems more natural, I tend to hit much better with lefties..

Another funny thing is with righty batters I'm always looking for the away pitch to drive to opposite field..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »