Home

Crazy games?

This is a discussion on Crazy games? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Crazy games?

I just had like the most crazy game I have ever had in any of the show games last night. I won 9-5 in 16 innings. What made it so crazy was that I had a lot of blow leads and a lot of changes to score that I blew threw out the game. I was up 3-1 going into the 8th and really by that point in time I had blow a lot of changes already to score more runs. I could have easily had like 5-6 runs at that point in time as I had already hit into like 3 double plays including like 2 when I had a first and 3erd with one out and I had a first and 3erd with no outs where I pop up and strike out to not score. In the 8th I blew the 2 run lead to go into a tie 3-3 game. In like the 11th I think I was able to score 1 to go up 4-3 to then only blow the lead again.

Then in like the 14th inning I had 2 base blunders in the same inning. I had a guy at first with zero outs and tried a hit and run I was able to hit the ball to right field to only have my guy gunned down at 3erd. Then like 2 pitches later I tried to steal a base and was thrown out. So I go from what would have been guys at first and 2nd no outs to 2 outs no one on. I was still able to score a run after a few 2 out hits to go up 5-4 but if not for those base running plays I would have scored at least like 2 more. I then blow the lead again and its 5-5. Then finally in the 16th inning with 2 outs bases loaded and tied 2-2 I hit a 2 out grand slam to go up 9-5! Then I was able to finally not blow that lead!

I don't think I have ever had a game go past 15 innings before this game and I don't think I have ever had a grand slam in extra innings before. Heck I have only hit a few grand slams in general in Mlb the show games! I don't think I have ever blow so many leads in one game and so many changes to score. Also by the bottom of the 16th I was pitching with my second to last pull pen pitcher and he had already pitched a few innings and had only like 1 inning left in him if I need it. The CPU I think was out of pull pen pitchers by then and had no position players left. So both teams where getting close to having to use starting pitchers out of the pen. What are the most craziest games that any of you guys have had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 02:57 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Crazy games?

spring training. just played game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-04-13-235519.jpg (99.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-14-2015, 04:00 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
spring training. just played game

A perfect game or a no hitter?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:13 AM   #4
Rookie

Vargas had a walk, so no perfect game.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:17 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posada
Vargas had a walk, so no perfect game.

Oh ok I don't think I have had any perfect game or no hitter in any baseball game before. I think I have had a few no hitters though like 8 innings or so to only then give up a single to start the 9th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

I just had a crazy and long extra innings game between Yankees and Red Sox.

It's the 2015 ALDS and we (Yanks) were down 5-4 in the bottom of the 9th. I was up at bat with 2 outs and Ellsbury was on 3rd. I forgot who was the reliever, but he threw a slider that almost hit me (I guess he didn't like my base clearing double a few innings back) and went all the way to the back stop. Ellsbury waltz home to tie to game. I then hit a monster shot, unfortunately to the deepest part of left center field and it was caught at the wall. On to extra innings.

I get to the bottom of the 10th and we were down by 6-5. I hit a hard grounder to short and it cuffs the SS and skips over his head. I steal 2nd and Texeira drives me in on a single. 6-6 tie.

On to the 13th, we're down by 1 again and I am up at bat. Steven Wright is pitching and let me tell you, I love the knuckleball. Unlike real life, it's pretty darn predictable in the game. I hit the 3rd pitch to the second deck on right field to tie the game. Man, it felt great.

Nothing much happens until the 16th. Adrian Gonzalez (traded to Yankees and playing 1B while Tex is DH and plays 1B sporadically) hits a homer to win the game 8-7. I went 4 for 5 with a HR and 4 RBIs and get PotG.

All throughout the extra innings, I couldn't help but compare it to the 19 inning horror last Friday.

Last edited by kilmar1; 04-14-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Had a 20 inning Diamond Dynasty game a few nights ago. stayed 0-0, had several base hits, but could never string anything together with enough momentum to push any runs across, my pitching was alright, his pitching was amazing. I was on my 7th pitcher by the 20th, he was only on his 3rd. I felt momentum go towards my direction in the 19th, as I got 2 runners in scoring position with no outs, but strikeouts, and popups kept me from scoring, then in the 20th, I had the top of my lineup due, Eric Young Jr. got a base hit, and stole 2nd on a Jimmy Rollins bunt, which the 1st baseman bobbled on the putout, then I had a double steal on a passed ball, and my created DD player managed to pull a pitch down the line on the 1st base side, and I got my walkoff win, from EYJ scoring from 2nd. Ended up sending him a friend request, definitely one of the kind of players you only dream about getting matched up with online on DD, he was clean, and played the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
Rookie

uploadfromtaptalk1429061997049.jpg Forgot to include a pic. I started this game late Sunday night, and was so tired and in need of rest before work Monday morning, I just snapped a pic from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »