Home

Scout Attributes

This is a discussion on Scout Attributes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
Rookie

meatgoggles's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scout Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyichun
im only like a week into my franchise schedule though, maybe i have to wait longer.
You are able to hire and fire scouts in Spring Training, but have to wait until Spring Training is over in order to actually start scouting the areas and players. You should be able to begin scouting as soon as Spring Training is complete and after you click "End Spring Training".

Also, when you begin the regular season the calender will provide you with a few empty dates before your first scheduled game. Do not just simulate the empty dates in the calender because you can use these additional 4-5 dates to scout players.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:37 PM   #10
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scout Attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
yeah i set all my scout's criteria for certain positions. but when i go down to the bottom where it has the prospects it says they are fully scouted? i dont see an option to pick a certain player to manually scout.

im only like a week into my franchise schedule though, maybe i have to wait longer.
If every player listed says they are fully scouted, that means you haven't sent your scouts to discover more players yet. The game starts you off with like 25 fully scouted "blue chip" prospects but after that you need to send your scouts to discover more. Click X on a highlighted scout and choose the region, position and attributes you want. The players they discover will only be 20-25% scouted to start off with.

To then fully scout those players, in the scouting menu, highlight the scout you want to use, click L3 to toggle down to the prospect list, click X to scout that player.

The way I've always done it is discover players all of April, and then scout as many as you can fully for May and the first few days of June before the draft. But it always leaves me wanting more time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »