Home

Scout Attributes

This is a discussion on Scout Attributes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

TPouch4's Arena

OVR: 0
Scout Attributes

Anyone know what the attributes mean for Scouts in franchise mode? I know that the higher they are overall in Pitcher or Position player means that they are better at scouting those types of players, but what about Discovery and Efficiency? I assume that Discovery means they have the potential to find a "hidden gem" and Efficiency is their ability to bring back a good prospect. These are just what I assume they mean, so if anyone knows exactly what they mean it would be a huge help!
Hockey: Boston Bruins
College Team: Michigan State Spartans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: Scout Attributes

I always assumed efficiency was how fast they can scout a player (so you can scout more guys in the same amount of time) and discovery was how good they were at discovering players.

I also assumed that their ratings for pitcher/position player was how accurate they were at judging talent for those positions.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
I always assumed efficiency was how fast they can scout a player (so you can scout more guys in the same amount of time) and discovery was how good they were at discovering players.

I also assumed that their ratings for pitcher/position player was how accurate they were at judging talent for those positions.
Boom, that's it! Discovering being getting the available draftees listed to be scouted...which is when efficiency comes into play.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

i have a question about scouting as well.

so, can you manually choose who your scouts draft? or do they just scout whoever on their own?
Old 04-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i have a question about scouting as well.

so, can you manually choose who your scouts draft? or do they just scout whoever on their own?
When scouting an individual prospect yes you must manually pick the player. When discovering prospects you have a set criteria you can choose from (ie. infield, outfield, pitcher, catcher) along with two skill sets (speed, power, etc..) and your scouts will stick to finding prospects in that region and set of criteria until you change it or they run the market dry. I just don't know if there is any sort of negative effect to having your scouts either discover or scout a particular prospect out of their region???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
When scouting an individual prospect yes you must manually pick the player. When discovering prospects you have a set criteria you can choose from (ie. infield, outfield, pitcher, catcher) along with two skill sets (speed, power, etc..) and your scouts will stick to finding prospects in that region and set of criteria until you change it or they run the market dry. I just don't know if there is any sort of negative effect to having your scouts either discover or scout a particular prospect out of their region???
yeah i set all my scout's criteria for certain positions. but when i go down to the bottom where it has the prospects it says they are fully scouted? i dont see an option to pick a certain player to manually scout.

im only like a week into my franchise schedule though, maybe i have to wait longer.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:55 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
yeah i set all my scout's criteria for certain positions. but when i go down to the bottom where it has the prospects it says they are fully scouted? i dont see an option to pick a certain player to manually scout.

im only like a week into my franchise schedule though, maybe i have to wait longer.
It's my first MLB The Show, so what I am about to write might be total BS.
Also, if you're going to ban that account too, at least save the text if it helps.
Thank you.

Regarding scouts attributes, you must define a scheme, according to your budget. I'm pretty sure we can trick the CPU by offering short-term contracts, which allows for a less expensive staff turnovers. And by that, I mean firing scouts (you need to pay the entire contract) and then hiring others that fit the situation better. But...tricking the CPU...meh.

So, attributes.

Pitcher : Ability to scout pitchers
Position Players : Ability to scout Catchers, Infielders, Outfielders.
Discovery : Ability to find new prospects.
Efficiency : Ability to scout players at a faster pace. (The cyan/blue/whatever bar fills quicker)

About the scheme thing. Ideally, you'll want to fill your draft board with prospects, and then get accurate reports to reveal their true grades (OVR/POT). You already have some by default, which are often fully scouted. But you can add more. For that, you'll need to send your scouts on what I'd call "Missions". You pick the type of player you want to scout (Pitchers/Catcher/IF/OF). You also pick the attributes you'd like them to have and finally the region you want your scout to search.
About that last point. I think you find more players if the scout is scouting the region he "belongs" to. You also have a limited amount of prospects that you can scout by region, you get a message when it happens ("there is no more "insert position" to scout in "insert region"). You need to stop the mission your scout is on and send him on another one. You can also check how many players of each position you have on your board, and change the skillsets you're looking for, it might help with getting more players out of one region.

Once you're done finding new players, you need to scout them accurately. So now it's about your scout's efficiency for how fast the bar fills, and the position grade for how much time is needed to get the true grade.
You can only have one player on each scout, but it's faster than discovery.
It will give you the true ratings of each player. If you want to gain some time, you can check the progress of each individual scouting mission. If it's close to full, and the grade don't please you, you can stop scouting that player and start another one.

You'll end up having players fully unscouted the day of the draft. They mostly have unestablished MLB ETA's. Some will get drafted, some will land on the FA's list. You'll be able to sign them for 1 year, -100k$ contracts.

And I guess that's pretty much it.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:43 AM   #8
Banned

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »