Home

Please help me understand roster management

This is a discussion on Please help me understand roster management within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
Please help me understand roster management

I'm a long-time sports gamer but have very little knowledge of baseball so any knowledge you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

Last night my roommate and I tried doing our first offseason in The Show 15. The game said that he had about 23M in available budget when we got to the actually free agent period - after resigning our own players of choice - and he allocated about 19M to Weiters and Clifford. But every time they tried to sign it said "The Yankees do not have the budget to sign this player at this time" even though the game said he was under budget by 4M total, and only offering Weiters about 13M/23M. What gives?

We finished the offseason despite this issue and I decided that I wanted to make a trade for a better DH. But regardless of what team I try to pair with, or who I'm offering, it says "We will not do this trade at this time do to our injury situation." Again ... what gives?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Please help me understand roster management

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
But every time they tried to sign it said "The Yankees do not have the budget to sign this player at this time" even though the game said he was under budget by 4M total, and only offering Weiters about 13M/23M. What gives?
If he was 4M under budget, then he couldn't afford to sign someone for 13M, the funds were not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
"We will not do this trade at this time do to our injury situation." Again ... what gives?
Were you trading an injured player or did you have many injured players? Same goes for the team you were trying to trade with.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
If he was 4M under budget, then he couldn't afford to sign someone for 13M, the funds were not there.

Were you trading an injured player or did you have many injured players? Same goes for the team you were trying to trade with.

He had 23M in available budget and offered Weiters 13M, Clifford 4M. It wouldn't let him sign either even though it said he had 23M in available budget and 19M pending.

Neither team had any injured players
Old 04-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think by 4 million in budget TC meant that the game said he had 23 million and he was trying to offer 19 between the two players. I've had the same problem. The game said I had 63 million available budget, had 45 million in offers pending and I couldn't offer Bautista 11 million because I couldn't afford it. Anyone know whats up?
Old 04-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

You need to get your 40 man roster up, I believe. The CPU is withholding cash until you get it to around 38 players.

Read this for more help: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...offseason.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 12:44 AM   #6
Rookie

I followed that guide, had a full 40 man, offered everyone arbitration, and still had problems. Same stuff: 32m pending, 49m available and couldn't offer Encarnacion 2 year/22m. Anyone else have some insight?
Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 AM   #7
MVP

rjackson's Arena

I didn't read the whole thing BUT arbitration funds are withheld from you - and the computer doesn't know what the final tally will be until the hearings. However, it doesn't show up in the pending/available numbers. You can do whatever else you want but save any offers for arbitration until the last minute if you can!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »