Home

How do you guys do your franchise?

This is a discussion on How do you guys do your franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2015, 05:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do you guys do your franchise?

I guess you just have to look at your Franchise/Season as unique and not as something intended to mirror what happens in real MLB - That's just a recipe for frustration! But I would like to see the developers finally fix this by allowing for dynamic roster updates during Franchise/Season mode. That is my dream! For now I'll probably just control all 30 teams and make all the major trades with them however cumbersome that may be.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #18
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Do you have to have 30 team control in order to play other games on the schedule? I like playing with player lock of some of my favorite players that aren't on my team throughout the season. Breaks up the monotony of using 1 team with the same players/lineups day in and day out.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #19
Rookie

The past couple of years I've played with 30-team control and had injuries mirror real life as they were on opening day. This year, I decided that was too much work and I just want to play the damn game. I was sick of spending hours fixing rosters and updating injuries and just wanted to start my franchise.

So this year I waited for OSFM v. 1 and went for it. Whatever happens happens and the trades that are made, however ridiculous they may be, will be left alone. I've read a lot of people go with this method and just look at their franchise as their own little world and I'm choosing to go with that mindset this year. I just hope my OCD doesn't kick in and make me start over lol.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
This year, I decided that was too much work and I just want to play the damn game. I was sick of spending hours fixing rosters and updating injuries and just wanted to start my franchise...
I feel the exact same way but while I no longer want to stop play once a month to update rosters and injuries, I also am one of those people who hates the fantasy sports element of the game making its own world, so instead I'm going with opening day and not doing ANY transactions or injuries except major ones and maybe only if a team in real life AND in the game are chasing a playoff spot.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
Rookie

So when the User controls all 30 teams, that means you have to put 'CPU Roster Control' to 'On' right? Otherwise you'll constantly be asked to deal with Injury and Lineup issues throughout the season for all the other 29 teams you won't really be using.

Last edited by Pythons80; 04-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #22
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I control one team only. Play every game including spring training. Use quick counts and player lock to play minor league games. that way I can really keep in touch with development.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:17 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I feel the exact same way but while I no longer want to stop play once a month to update rosters and injuries, I also am one of those people who hates the fantasy sports element of the game making its own world, so instead I'm going with opening day and not doing ANY transactions or injuries except major ones and maybe only if a team in real life AND in the game are chasing a playoff spot.
I feel you. I usually don't like seeing the weird moves made and all that, even regarding lineups and rotations. But I've decided to pretend that my franchise is it's own world, and ignore those things unrelated to my team. I'm not sure if it'll work since I am a stickler for realism but I'm going to try lol.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #24
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

I use OSFM rosters, control only 1 team, make my trades at the end of spring training and then add whatever free agents I want that are available and that I have money for. I don't turn on force trades, however, I do turn on instant trades. I don't turn off budgets. Dynamic Difficulty. I play at least one game a series or 1 out of every 6, I pick every player in the drafts for my team. If I have a prospect that I'm trying to build up then I will player lock him and play his minor league games.
NBA: Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »