Home

Defensive A.I. in this game is atrocious

This is a discussion on Defensive A.I. in this game is atrocious within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive A.I. in this game is atrocious

I just find it funny how certain developers conveniently fail to post in this topic that has clear-cut video evidence, yet they'll post in every other topic that doesn't have videos asking for videos.

And for those of you saying they're on vacation, perhaps they shouldn't have released what appears to be an incomplete product before going on vacation.

The first basemen not covering the bag is akin to NBA 2K15 being released where the basket disappears on fastbreaks and you literally cannot score. And the tag bug where fielders don't apply tags and runners are safe is akin to shooting a 3-pointer and drilling it, but the game not counting the bucket because the scorekeeper wasn't watching the shot.

I know many of you hate people who call developers out, but when you charge $65 per year for a new game and the new game is incomplete, it's simply not acceptable.

Last edited by Padgoi; 04-16-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #34
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
It's been atrocious for some time now. There is a reason a lot of guys go with auto fielding. Simply put, the user cannot make most of the plays the computer makes.
I actually disagree the AI in past versions has been pretty good as far as being in the right place at the right time. This is the first year I am seeing people post vids of the CPU being out of position wih regularity.

Also, with regards to fielding I can do everything the CPU can do. Understanding the animations and branch points to get the most out of your catches and throws is key.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #35
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Just because they don't post in a thread doesn't necessarily mean they aren't aware of a problem and working on a fix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
I just find it funny how certain developers conveniently fail to post in this topic that has clear-cut video evidence, yet they'll post in every other topic that doesn't have videos asking for videos.

And for those of you saying they're on vacation, perhaps they shouldn't have released what appears to be an incomplete product before going on vacation.

The first basemen not covering the bag is akin to NBA 2K15 being released where the basket disappears on fastbreaks and you literally cannot score. And the tag bug where fielders don't apply tags and runners are safe is akin to shooting a 3-pointer and drilling it, but the game not counting the bucket because the scorekeeper wasn't watching the shot.

I know many of you hate people who call developers out, but when you charge $65 per year for a new game and the new game is incomplete, it's simply not acceptable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #36
Banned

You missed the entire point of my post. I'm not saying they aren't aware of it or aren't working on it, I'm sure they are. It would be nice though if they didn't go into only those topics without video evidence and shoot down anyone who doesn't have video evidence and actually go into threads with clear evidence and let people know they are aware of the problem and are working on it. It's called having respect for the people who buy your product and letting them know that their complaints aren't falling on deaf ears.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #37
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
You missed the entire point of my post. I'm not saying they aren't aware of it or aren't working on it, I'm sure they are. It would be nice though if they didn't go into only those topics without video evidence and shoot down anyone who doesn't have video evidence and actually go into threads with clear evidence and let people know they are aware of the problem and are working on it. It's called having respect for the people who buy your product and letting them know that their complaints aren't falling on deaf ears.
This forum isn't really intended to be where they provide their customer services though. The participation is entirely voluntary, so neither side owe the other side anything. We are only lucky that there is a real channel of communication, but we shouldn't take that for granted. It can be cut away at any moment.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This forum isn't really intended to be where they provide their customer services though. The participation is entirely voluntary, so neither side owe the other side anything. We are only lucky that there is a real channel of communication, but we shouldn't take that for granted. It can be cut away at any moment.
Yes, and so too can our purchases. Nowadays almost every gaming company has some type of an avenue of interaction. And while it is voluntary, it's also with a purpose, that is to get more sales for future iterations of the game. You put out a quality product, you get future sales. You interact with your customer base, you get more sales. They actually do have an enormous benefit to coming here and discussing their product with their clientele base.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #39
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Yes, and so too can our purchases. Nowadays almost every gaming company has some type of an avenue of interaction. And while it is voluntary, it's also with a purpose, that is to get more sales for future iterations of the game. You put out a quality product, you get future sales. You interact with your customer base, you get more sales. They actually do have an enormous benefit to coming here and discussing their product with their clientele base.
They have an official forum which is not here. I think their bug system is very organized on the site with updated progress and comments. It was stated very early on that is where they will focus on bug progress. I don't expect them visiting every forum updating progress.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:34 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984

In plays like shown above the first basemen has no chance at getting back to receive the throw
That's an EXERCISE. The goal is to give 4 different fielders a chance to practice various things at the same time in an efficient manner (instead of needing 4 different drills). The exercise is not at all meant to emulate a single real life scenario, but rather, 3 separate motions in one. The pitcher is practicing his covering of first and receiving a throw. The first baseman is practicing the fielding of a ball and the delivering of a throw. The second baseman (or shortstop, w/e) is practicing the catching of a throw and the returning of a throw, for a possible double play.

Don't look at it as one play, but as 3 drills happening at once. The alternative would be the team running a standard double play drill while everyone else stands and does nothing, then a pitcher drill while everyone else stands and does nothing, etc... The more drills that can be combined into one system, the more efficient and productive the entire training process becomes.

As Kehlis said, the pitcher being involved in a double play is EXTREMELY rare.

Last edited by Bobhead; 04-16-2015 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »