Home

The Good, The bad, The Ugly

This is a discussion on The Good, The bad, The Ugly within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
The Good, The bad, The Ugly

Personal opinion. I think the Show is the greatest sports video game ever produced and my personal favorite. But in fairness, I only play sports games. Mainly BB, FB, golf, Basketball and NASCAR. The great things about the show is mainly game play, the options we are given, the relationship of the developers with there customers and for me, the enjoyment factor. I am not an OL player and mainly Franchise, and RTTS. I love creating myself and my friends and starting us off in the minors. I guess its a way of reliving my childhood. I'm 63 and BB is my true love. I have had almost every version of every BB ever made. The Bad.. Although I think this game has so much potential, I feel it is the buggiest version of the show ever released. many of the bugs are features that worked fine in other versions. Once patched, I think it will be awesome. The UGLY. For me it is the auto base running, just horrible to watch. Runners will not go to 3rd on bunt attempts unless forced, runners freeze, try to advance when they have no chance, stop when they should go. Don't go half way on certain fly balls . Auto BR is just a mess. Many other bugs that are annoying, But ABR is a game changer. The good news is faith and hope that many of these will be fixed in a patch. The bad news is waiting to start a serious franchise until it is. With that being said, I still love this game and will just play live or exhibition until the patch is released. The other Good or Bad, Depending on how you look at it is I am an Indians fan. So I am use to loosing because of bad base running, mistakes, lack of hitting, pitching, stupid fielding, and the old saying.. Wait till nest year.. So I have learned to wait and have patience. But when you really enjoy or love something, Waiting can feel like forever.. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: The Good, The bad, The Ugly

The Good: the new lightning graphics are outstanding

The Bad: this is the buggiest release I've seen in my 4 years of playing the game.

The Ugly: the AI base running and AI bunting is atrocious. The amount of times the AI will attempt suicide squeeze are beyond ridiculous. I have seen the AI do two suicide squeeze plays in a row. On top of that I have also seen the AI catcher hold onto the ball standing there doing nothing after a pitch out on a suicide squeeze. LOCO :/
Old 04-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pressions.html
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-16-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Please use the existing impressions thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »