Home

Too Many "Pedro Martinez" Type Changeups?

This is a discussion on Too Many "Pedro Martinez" Type Changeups? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 PM   #65
Madden Ultimate Team Hero

fredropro's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Too Many "Pedro Martinez" Type Changeups?

You guys are absolutely right... I was on a 4 game win streak in DD. Then I come across this guy who threw nothing but change ups. I took them but they were called strikes.. I got the timing down and swung.. Nothing... He was throwing them down the pipe low right on the black.. I struck out 12 times. Now I'm not the best by any means... I just hope it's not a glitch

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
People do not even mix up their pitches anymore. it is just low changeups/high fastballs the entire game.
This tactic has become so widespread that it's pretty much all the happens online in Diamond Dynasty now. People have found the pitchers who have the highest differentials in fastball speed/changeup speed, and they just throw those two pitches the entire game.

I would just play Extra Innings games against the CPU, at this point, but even a month after release, those games are still getting stuck processing in the queue and never showing up in your game history, so you don't get any stats or receive the appropriate post-game rewards like you do when you play online.

Last edited by jyoung; 05-06-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #67
All Star

OVR: 0

I have always found hitting changeups to be to hard in the show because they look to much like a fastball to the point where 90% of the time I cant tell if it is a fastball or changeup. With that said I find it funny to see people complaining about it this year because this has been an issue since like mlb 08 and nothing is different this year then in the past yet this is really the first year people have complained about it.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I have always found hitting changeups to be to hard in the show because they look to much like a fastball to the point where 90% of the time I cant tell if it is a fastball or changeup. With that said I find it funny to see people complaining about it this year because this has been an issue since like mlb 08 and nothing is different this year then in the past yet this is really the first year people have complained about it.
What's different about it is that the CPU nibbles the corners of (and out of) the strike zone much more than previous years. I know for sure that it throws a lot more balls on early counts and that's going to cause more chases and misses this year than any previous one. This year it's very important to have a good awareness of the strike zone in the early counts and be ready to take anything that doesn't look like a strike right out of the pitcher's hand.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:49 PM   #69
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
What's different about it is that the CPU nibbles the corners of (and out of) the strike zone much more than previous years. I know for sure that it throws a lot more balls on early counts and that's going to cause more chases and misses this year than any previous one. This year it's very important to have a good awareness of the strike zone in the early counts and be ready to take anything that doesn't look like a strike right out of the pitcher's hand.

The CPU nibbles more this year but not just on changeups but with ever pitch and in a good way. In the years past you would have to have the sliders for like pitch control and early strike or what ever it is called low. This year on default the ball to strike ratio is much better and much more realistic. So yeah other then just throwing more balls I don't see a difference in the changeup this year and in the past.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #70
Banned

Any pitch in baseball is suppose to be tough...key to pitching is changing speeds and throwing off a batters timing. So nothing really wrong with change ups just get better at hitting...they took out stride analog this year now you want them to make change ups easier...might as well make this game totally arcade from now on! Let them dumb it down and maybe then you'll be happy.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:15 PM   #71
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
Any pitch in baseball is suppose to be tough...key to pitching is changing speeds and throwing off a batters timing. So nothing really wrong with change ups just get better at hitting...they took out stride analog this year now you want them to make change ups easier...might as well make this game totally arcade from now on! Let them dumb it down and maybe then you'll be happy.
You dont even know what you are talking about. Some players having devastating change ups is fine. Not everyone has one though. And some players dont even throw change ups in real life yet they have a great one in game.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 05-06-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2015, 02:23 AM   #72
Banned

I play on All Star, zone pci off button hitting. I almost always only use x to hit as i tuned tje sliders for more power since i personally prefer a one button type of batting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »