Home

How Do I Read The Pitchers Grip? I'm Striking Out Too Much, Even On Beginner.

This is a discussion on How Do I Read The Pitchers Grip? I'm Striking Out Too Much, Even On Beginner. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #33
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How Do I Read The Pitchers Grip? I'm Striking Out Too Much, Even On Beginner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
I play on broadcast just because I want that TV presentation. Okay a poster was saying it isn't the grip but more so on the signs the catcher is throwing. Can someone go in detail what to watch for from the catcher?
It is kind of cheating - like stealing signs from the catcher. Say a pitcher on screen has these pitches X Fastball O Curveball ^ Splitter [] Slider. The catcher puts down one finger, he is calling for the X pitch which is a fastball. If he puts down 2 it is the ) pitch or a Curveball. 3 fingers is the triangle pitch, 4 is the square pitch, and 4 wiggled is the R1 pitch if they have one. If you really pay attention, he might call for a fastball with one finger down and then point it in a certain direction. Even the catcher's glove gives away location.

Personally, I like a challenge and use the Catcher's View but everyone can play how they like.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #34
Rookie

Capn Cowboy's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How Do I Read The Pitchers Grip? I'm Striking Out Too Much, Even On Beginner.

I haven't played on a console in YEARS!! Anyway, I can't help but go up there and hack away, I use directional hitting, the one where the box "lights up" when I point in the direction i want to hit in. I'm doing RTTS and hitting a bit over .340. I just don't understand the use of the "direction" hitting. I want to go to right field, but I usually end up doing something completely different. I know it's timing and practice. But I'm in BEGINNER batting mode and using Catcher view. Just keep trying dude! the good thing is that the season is long and you play until September 40th!! I don'know anything about situational hitting, but I just play! So. play on!!
NHRA- anybody that goes faster than 300 m.p.h.!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #35
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
It is kind of cheating - like stealing signs from the catcher. Say a pitcher on screen has these pitches X Fastball O Curveball ^ Splitter [] Slider. The catcher puts down one finger, he is calling for the X pitch which is a fastball. If he puts down 2 it is the ) pitch or a Curveball. 3 fingers is the triangle pitch, 4 is the square pitch, and 4 wiggled is the R1 pitch if they have one. If you really pay attention, he might call for a fastball with one finger down and then point it in a certain direction. Even the catcher's glove gives away location.

Personally, I like a challenge and use the Catcher's View but everyone can play how they like.
That's how the catcher gives signals for s user pitcher not the cpu. The cpu catcher puts up multiple signs so you won't know the pitch. I've played a ton of games hitting from broadcast view and I can't decipher the signals and I'm pretty sure they don't mean anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »