Home

Please help, before I shatter my TV!

This is a discussion on Please help, before I shatter my TV! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
RC3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please help, before I shatter my TV!

This is the 2nd year in a row I can never seem to get enough hits/runs. I play with psychos sliders but I also use guess pitch as well. So far through about 10 games I have like the worst hitting in the league. Last year I played over 50 games with the same BS.

I'm talking about guessing pitch type and location with Mike Trout and still batting around or below .200. It's starting to frustrate me to an absolute rage. Any tips? I assure you I am very patient also as the computers starting pitcher throw over 100 pitches over half the games, also ridic. I draw about 3 to 4 walks a game as well. It's like the damn random number generator to get a hit is broken on my system or something.

Please Help before I destroy everything in my house over my frustration. Haha

Is guessing pitch and location just pointless? Iget about 1 hit out of 10 even when I guess both right with good timing???? WTF

Last edited by RC3; 04-18-2015 at 10:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Please help, before I shatter my TV!

Dead serious take off guess pitch its a crutch. Always take the first pitch and just wait til you get the pitch you want.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
RC3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKC
Dead serious take off guess pitch its a crutch. Always take the first pitch and just wait til you get the pitch you want.
Without it I can never lay off the low pitches and used to strike out like 20 times a game though. I basically guess down everytime and only swing if it's in the zone unless I have 2 strikes of course. Also I do the classic where it puts the circle exactly where the ball will be.

If I play without it you think I'll hit better? It seems this is supposed to give a boost, although I know people think it's cheese, bUT as bad as I hit now, won't it get way worse?
Old 04-18-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Honestly i took it off and i have gotten better as a hitter. It has helped me lay off pitches and become better at seeing the ball. For me batting practice no strike zone no hot spots all star and no guess pitch. That is how i developed as a hitter personally
Old 04-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
RC3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKC
Honestly i took it off and i have gotten better as a hitter. It has helped me lay off pitches and become better at seeing the ball. For me batting practice no strike zone no hot spots all star and no guess pitch. That is how i developed as a hitter personally
Do u move the stick at all when hitting? Zone/analog/directional? Or do u just leave it centered and only swing at pitches around the middle unless 2 strikes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #6
Rookie

I use pure analog myself.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #7
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

Change the contact slider to fit you better. Maybe even turn the difficulty down too.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Long Live the Note ..good win for us today

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »