Home

Tips on How to Hit

This is a discussion on Tips on How to Hit within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #41
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tips on How to Hit

Funny I thought about this thread last night while I was playing RTTS. I was facing a sinkerball pitcher and he hung a sinker right in the middle of the plate. Didn't move the PCI at all and swung out of my shoes. Grounded out to the SS. Frustrated when I came up next time I checked my timing and PCI for that pitch. They moved my PCI up and to the right. Not slightly either. It was a fairly big move. I was so pissed lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #42
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvazquez190
They moved my PCI up and to the right. Not slightly either. It was a fairly big move. I was so pissed lol.
I just don't get the reasoning behind it. I wish there was some kind of official explanation for why it behaves in that manner, it just seems to be an equalizer that keeps my team batting average around the league average, ~.250 or ~9 hits per 9 innings ...
Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #43
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

Just to show you how far it moved here is a pic of it. I had to Screenshot it and send it to a friend when it happened. Just so you can see the pain I went through lol.

P.S. I was wrong I thought it was a sinker but it was actually a cutter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11210164_10100280592751833_1064532917_n.jpg (69.6 KB, 239 views)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #44
Rookie

HuPeRcHiLd's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm using direction hitting this year and have been fairly disappointed with it's effectiveness.

In RTTS, my hitter is a lefty. The only direction that seems to produce any positive result is high/outside. Everything else ends up being a soft grounder, a double play (9/10 if a guy is on first, which really irks me), or a high pop fly. What makes it even more frustrating is that my character has 90+ rating on all hitting categories, and the timing is almost always good (and even when I use guess pitch successfully).

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, about how the game is trying to keep the team's average (at least in RTTS) to a certain level......I can believe this, because my character will go into long slumps for no good reason. I vary strategies but keep my timing good but it doesn't have any affect. And no, that's not realistic, it's just frustrating BS! .....
Old 04-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #45
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuPeRcHiLd
I'm using direction hitting this year and have been fairly disappointed with it's effectiveness.

In RTTS, my hitter is a lefty. The only direction that seems to produce any positive result is high/outside. Everything else ends up being a soft grounder, a double play (9/10 if a guy is on first, which really irks me), or a high pop fly. What makes it even more frustrating is that my character has 90+ rating on all hitting categories, and the timing is almost always good (and even when I use guess pitch successfully).

Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, about how the game is trying to keep the team's average (at least in RTTS) to a certain level......I can believe this, because my character will go into long slumps for no good reason. I vary strategies but keep my timing good but it doesn't have any affect. And no, that's not realistic, it's just frustrating BS! .....
I dabbled with Directional Hitting for two reasons. It was new, and there was a trophy tied to it. I used it for about a week. Didn't like it, never used it again lol. I found I was a much better hitter with Zone hitting. My advice would be to get away from it. I know with zone it takes some time to get use to it. But in the long run you have more control with zone and you can do everything with zone that you can do with directional. If you insist on sticking with directional than I can tell you a few things that helped me. I only influenced where I wanted to hit it in certain situations. Most times I treated it like timing. Again I wasn't the most successful with this style but the times I did well that was my strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #46
Rookie

motivation03's Arena

OVR: 1

I use zone but progressed quickly up to hall of fame on the dynamic difficulty and seem to be a decent hitter. My strategy depends on a few things. Normally I cheat between the middle and top of the strike zone because it's easier to catch up to a lower pitch. If it's a strike, I swing, genrally don't take pitches for the heck of it(unless 3-0), although a lot of homers come when you work the count so it's always good to have a good eye. Which brings me to the camera, find a camera that's close up and allows you too read balls and strikes easier, helps big time, even if you hate that you can't see your full player, def helped me. Now as the difficulty got to hall of fame I read the pitcher's pitch types more. If they throw hard sit at the mid to top of the zone, I'll also notice my cold zone being targeted some games as well, so if I see a pattern then I'll cheat in that area. Off speed pitcher I'll stay middle to low. I'm by no means amazing but seem to hit well enough to enjoy the game.

Talk about a meatball
https://youtu.be/pNR9U_UKxBU
Old 04-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #47
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by motivation03
I use zone but progressed quickly up to hall of fame on the dynamic difficulty and seem to be a decent hitter. My strategy depends on a few things. Normally I cheat between the middle and top of the strike zone because it's easier to catch up to a lower pitch. If it's a strike, I swing, genrally don't take pitches for the heck of it(unless 3-0), although a lot of homers come when you work the count so it's always good to have a good eye. Which brings me to the camera, find a camera that's close up and allows you too read balls and strikes easier, helps big time, even if you hate that you can't see your full player, def helped me. Now as the difficulty got to hall of fame I read the pitcher's pitch types more. If they throw hard sit at the mid to top of the zone, I'll also notice my cold zone being targeted some games as well, so if I see a pattern then I'll cheat in that area. Off speed pitcher I'll stay middle to low. I'm by no means amazing but seem to hit well enough to enjoy the game.

Talk about a meatball
https://youtu.be/pNR9U_UKxBU

Did that ball just go "Thump" in mid-air or are my speakers deceiving me?
Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #48
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSanchez12
Did that ball just go "Thump" in mid-air or are my speakers deceiving me?
It's funny before this comment I didn't even realize a video was attached. Lawwwwddddd. What did it hit. It seem to just hit an invisible wall and come back lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »