Home

Do you use your team?

This is a discussion on Do you use your team? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Drop It!

JeterFan02's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Do you use your team?

Absolutely I use my team! Modes like RTTS and Diamond Dynasty give me the opportunity to play for another team or use other players if I have the desire to.
Bayern Munich!!
Randy Orton..Legend Killer!!!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I always wind up using my team (Braves on MLB, Niners on Madden) because I feel like I'm not being loyal if I use another team. I know that's irrational.

It's my own universe when I start, so I don't feel the need to replicate every roster move. I used the opening day roster, so James Russell is still on the Braves in my universe and I kept Ciriaco over Gosselin and Folty over Stults on my team.

At the same time, I'm connected to some of those guys since I root for them in real life. I'm going without Heyward and Kimbrel now, but no way I ever would have traded either one of them on MLB 14.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Typically I use my team, the Yankees. But this year I have started a chise with the Tigers. When I'm the Yankees I tend to not want to make trades, sign players, or pretty much make moves that are unrealistic but being another team allows me to not care as much and not be so attached to the players. Heck I'm 6 games in and already thinking about trading Kinsler.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Always use the Tigers and make subtle improvements where I see are needed *cough* bullpen *cough*. Haven't done anything with the team this year as I've just started the current series with the Yankees but I'm sure some "relief" pitchers will be finding themselves elsewhere, along with some other players I can maybe ship off for some prospects.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:39 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I grew up a Braves fan, but with the blackout rules and my geographic location, I almost never get to see then on television. I consider myself a fan of baseball now more than an individual team.

I usually franchise a different team with every new version of the game. Partly because of differences in budget and rosters, but mostly because after a few seasons of franchise mode with a single team, I'm tired of looking at the same uniforms and stadium and want to mix it up. This year is the White Sox. Previous years were the Astros (14), Athletics (13), and Cubs (12).
Old 04-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #14
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

I never use my team (no matter which sportsgame) for franchise mode at least for the same reasons as the op. In the last few years however I have be come more of a fan of the sport and less of a team so this is becoming less of a problem now.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-22-2015, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Definitely use the Buccos every year. During baseball season I eat, sleep, and breathe pirates baseball. I usually start with the opening day lineup and rotation/bullpen like it is in real life, but then moving forward I make my own personal adjustments, not those that occur in real life.

I feel like using your favorite team makes the game that much better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 2

Man, How I can relate to this. So my solution is different franchises. I am a devout Indians fan. I always use the Indians..I don't play OL. I play LIVE, Franchise, RTTS, and have just tried Dynasty.. to solve the problem of wanting to use the real Tribe, I play LIVE version of the game..USING ACTUAL ROSTERS, PITCHERS, I try to keep it as real as possible, but put in relievers, Pinch Hitters when needed. I start off with actual line up. Try to use the same relievers if i can. The difference is I actually try to win games and not find ways to lose them like the real Indians.. and I keep track of my record and my own stats..

I have TWO franchise leagues, one is OSFM rosters filled with the minor league players i created with myself and my friends. SO I do as I please, It's my team,.. The other is OSFM rosters with no created players on my behalf. I try to keep my teams Major league players as currant as possible, But still manage my team to my preference.

It's is almost impossible to keep everything correct. CPU teams are constantly changing players, lineups, rotation, trades, injuries.. Even controlling all teams would be constant work and a never ending battle. Besides, if you did that, you would always be playing real time and could never get ahead of the real ML Schedule or everything would be out of whack.. And to be honest, I think I am a better manager than Francona.. LOL.. Then again, Don't we all..

Last edited by CleveCluby; 04-22-2015 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »