Home

30 Team Control Question.....

This is a discussion on 30 Team Control Question..... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
30 Team Control Question.....

I have been an avid player of the show since it came out for PS2 in 2006. I have also been using OSFM for several years (Special thanks to all those guys, if for some reason one day this didn't happen, I would never consider purchasing this game). But, nonetheless, my question is: What are the benefits of 30 team control? I know that it helps monitor realism such as trades and call ups, but what else? Also, is it very complicated to do? Does it take a lot of time?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: 30 Team Control Question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga77
I have been an avid player of the show since it came out for PS2 in 2006. I have also been using OSFM for several years (Special thanks to all those guys, if for some reason one day this didn't happen, I would never consider purchasing this game). But, nonetheless, my question is: What are the benefits of 30 team control? I know that it helps monitor realism such as trades and call ups, but what else? Also, is it very complicated to do? Does it take a lot of time?

Thanks!
Not at all.
You actually don't have to do anything you wouldn't do choosing just one team to start a franchise.
But you can if you want and that's the beauty of 30 team control.

Just put everything for all the teams you aren't controlling to AUTO and you don't even really have to change a setting if you want to change something...just go to that teams page(s) and make the move.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

I use 30 team control because when the playoffs roll around, I want to be able to watch the games even if my team is not playing in them.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I use 30 team control because when the playoffs roll around, I want to be able to watch the games even if my team is not playing in them.
i thought i was the only one who watched CPU vs CPU games. i dont feel so bad now.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

To amend.....

There is one thing that using 30 team control ....you will miss out on now.
The GM aspect. It disables the GM goals and the possibility of being fired from a team.(since you technically are hired by all of them)

Perhaps they can add the ability to assign a GM option to the general options in the game so that you can enable it for each team separately.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteLordz
i thought i was the only one who watched CPU vs CPU games. i dont feel so bad now.
I play 30 team control in a Season mode where I control the games for my team in a MoM game and when time permits I like to have CPU vs CPU games going for my division rivals and as the season progresses I also like to have all the other league contenders play CPU vs CPU games. I often don't always watch the games. In fact I will start the games and put it into Fast Play and will even use Quick Counts when I want these games to go even faster and then go do something else in the world. But come playoff time when time permits, I like to watch the CPU teams duke it out if my team is not there. In the past my team was there. But this year I am looking like I might be headed for a last place 100+ loss season. Yikes ... I am going to need therapy after this. haha

Speaking of which, time to go play my MoM game for the evening. I am on a 4 game losing streak and have lost 6 of the last 7 and the pitching match up for tonight's game tells me the losing streak could very well continue if my bats stay in hibernation like they have lately.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #7
Pro

raneman85's Arena

Knight can best answer this question. I use historical rosters with 30 team control, but I get no injuries. My method of resolving this is moving guys around through the minor leagues for two weeks when slumping. I play minor league games too so it's now big deal. I sim often and attempt to play the best games of the week or try to beat losing and winning streaks. i digressed but the general question is about injuries. Now I'm not sure If I really want them on but if I can see a few it may add to the detail of my enjoyment..
Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I thought there was an option to watch any game when you only control one team. Is this not the case then? For GM mode, what do you lost out on by not using it besides the chance of being fired and losing your team? For example I want to have the most realism and the most fun possible (and access to making the most stubs possible), but don't want to get fired as I carefully craft a team with fantasy draft which takes a lot of time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »