Home

Relievers putting up unrealistic innings

This is a discussion on Relievers putting up unrealistic innings within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

OVR: 0
Relievers putting up unrealistic innings

I'm only 10 games in on franchise but on many computer-controlled teams their relievers have multiple innings per appearance (like 3 games pitched 9 innings, 4 games/7 innings, etc.).

Is there a setting or slider somewhere that I can adjust to get the CPU stats to jibe more with reality (~1 inning per appearance)? The odd thing is the computer doesn't pitch their bullpen guys multiple innings in games I play against them unless the situation warrants it (extra innings, I let them put up an 8-pitch inning).

Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't find it in search.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Relievers putting up unrealistic innings

You can always review the box scores of a simmed game and it will tell you how many innings a reliever pitched versus speculating how many you think they pitched. But there is no way to control how many innings a CPU team plays it's players. At least I am not aware of any way to control this.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

coreyerb's Arena

Right, I mean when I look up the stats on each CPU team, lots of relievers are averaging 2+ innings an appearance.

Are the CPU stats like that for others in franchise?
Old 04-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

It has been that that way for quite some time. The CPU manager isn't very smart with player substitutions, especially when the games are simmed. Certain relievers tend to be overused.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 PM   #5
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Where do I find this stat and I would be interested in seeing what mine says for cpu controlled teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2015, 11:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 2

Long relievers coming into games early? National League teams with low offense (meaning they won't sub their relief pitchers as long as they are doing well and until the pitchers are due to bat)? National Leagues who's games go into extra innings and the bullpen is thin? There are several reasons why a relief pitcher could be logging on average 2.0+ innings per game. I looked at a couple of box scores from some CPU games played in my Season. One from the American League and one from the National. The only real difference was that the American League relief pitchers were more likely to have 2.0 or 1.0 innings worked whereas National League relievers were more like 2.1, 1.2 or 0.1 and so on and so forth.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 AM   #7
Banned

cpu vs cpu sim sliders:

all others defaul except:

cpu starter stamina - 2

cpu reliever - 2 (osfm hybrid) or 3 (sxea default)

manager hook - 6

injury - 9
Old 04-22-2015, 01:33 AM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyerb
I'm only 10 games in on franchise but on many computer-controlled teams their relievers have multiple innings per appearance (like 3 games pitched 9 innings, 4 games/7 innings, etc.).

Is there a setting or slider somewhere that I can adjust to get the CPU stats to jibe more with reality (~1 inning per appearance)? The odd thing is the computer doesn't pitch their bullpen guys multiple innings in games I play against them unless the situation warrants it (extra innings, I let them put up an 8-pitch inning).

Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't find it in search.

Something I have always learned to watch is box scores with this game. It looks like the new console still has that sim engine flaw that the old one had where you might see a crazy extra innings game hwere the closer pitchers several innings.

I look at every box score, and if something looks out of whack I will resim that game. on the PS3 you would also get a bug that would have a fielder in pitching stats, yet he hadn't pitch any. You would think stuff like that would have got fixed by now since were on a new console. Thos 2 things have been happening ever since I been buying the game which was 09. Its why I always play with auto save off.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »