Home

BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

This is a discussion on BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2015, 04:45 AM   #57
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: BA/Hits drop off cliff simming 8+ seasons into Franchise

No it's a reason not to play/sim TOO FAR into the future is what he's saying.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #58
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppydog14
Here's my strategy I'm gonna try. First pitcher taken I don't touch. All other first rounders get docked 10. Second round gets docked 15. Third 20. The rest 25. My theory is this should still create a few aces but mostly duds which seems realistic and thoughts on this?
It's a great idea in theory. But I'm going to play devils advocate for a min though, Because of the new 1 years lease on life contracts in the minors I wonder if making the massive reductions to guys in the late rds just means you're essentially going to make them retire like someone else said here in this thread no? and in theory you will just see C or better players in franchises all across the board increasing the talent level even more? just my thoughts. I could be way off though, wouldn't be the 1st time
Old 05-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #59
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
It's a great idea in theory. But I'm going to play devils advocate for a min though, Because of the new 1 years lease on life contracts in the minors I wonder if making the massive reductions to guys in the late rds just means you're essentially going to make them retire like someone else said here in this thread no? and in theory you will just see C or better players in franchises all across the board increasing the talent level even more? just my thoughts. I could be way off though, wouldn't be the 1st time
When it comes to signing our draft picks are we still able to offer them multi-year deals? If this is still the case it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to sign every teams draft picks to 3 year deals to help curb the retirement rate...
Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #60
Banned

Sloppydog14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblah1980
A very good question.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:48 AM   #61
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
When it comes to signing our draft picks are we still able to offer them multi-year deals? If this is still the case it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to sign every teams draft picks to 3 year deals to help curb the retirement rate...

One year deals to draftees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #62
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
One year deals to draftees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not likin' that... Might be best to knock down potentials of only A's and B's coming out of the draft then... Maybe just a knock down of 5 on C's if at all...?
Old 05-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Not likin' that... Might be best to knock down potentials of only A's and B's coming out of the draft then... Maybe just a knock down of 5 on C's if at all...?
Nah, I tried that already. If you don't touch the C potentials, it'll come back to haunt you. A lot of the C's become B's, some even A's after a few years in the minors. That's how my franchise got flooded with B's and A's.

At first I only edited B's and A's but still noticed there were too many C's improving their potentials.

You have to edit ALL of the pitching prospects that are drafted. Maybe you can leave those D's alone, but as far as C's go, I always make sure to drop them to like a 68 potential.

I read an analysis online about the rate at which 1st round draft choices make it to the show. About half of them make it to the majors at some point in their careers. As soon as you get out of the first round, your chances at playing in the majors dramatically drop. This conclusion was drawn from analyzing the 2007 through 2012 drafts so it is a modern day study.

So, let's say 25 SP's are taken, I think only 7 should be good enough to where they MIGHT progress to be MLB worthy. The other guys should become career minor leaguers or local car salesmen. D's across the board.

The fear is that if we leave too many pitchers as C's, they might get the potential boost to B and become talented enough for an MLB rotation.

I don't even know anymore, guys. I'm just spitballing. It's pathetic the gaming community has to come up with ideas to improve the simulation because the developers are too lazy to simulate franchise mode and test out the progression.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #64
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
Nah, I tried that already. If you don't touch the C potentials, it'll come back to haunt you. A lot of the C's become B's, some even A's after a few years in the minors. That's how my franchise got flooded with B's and A's.

At first I only edited B's and A's but still noticed there were too many C's improving their potentials.

You have to edit ALL of the pitching prospects that are drafted. Maybe you can leave those D's alone, but as far as C's go, I always make sure to drop them to like a 68 potential.

I read an analysis online about the rate at which 1st round draft choices make it to the show. About half of them make it to the majors at some point in their careers. As soon as you get out of the first round, your chances at playing in the majors dramatically drop. This conclusion was drawn from analyzing the 2007 through 2012 drafts so it is a modern day study.

So, let's say 25 SP's are taken, I think only 7 should be good enough to where they MIGHT progress to be MLB worthy. The other guys should become career minor leaguers or local car salesmen. D's across the board.

The fear is that if we leave too many pitchers as C's, they might get the potential boost to B and become talented enough for an MLB rotation.

I don't even know anymore, guys. I'm just spitballing. It's pathetic the gaming community has to come up with ideas to improve the simulation because the developers are too lazy to simulate franchise mode and test out the progression.
I agree, it's pretty disheartening to see such horrible calibrations on the default rosters and draft classes in franchise mode over the course of several years. I really hope this is an area that gets addressed on next years game, because it's ridiculous as it is.

It's a shame because the problem strictly lies with SP's and CP's; other positions are OK. The problem is two fold:

1) Pitchers have too high potentials coming out of the draft. Most pitchers should have D potentials as opposed to C's and B's. Most pitchers do not have the potentials to become major league starters (which should be a C potential; 70-79 OVR is close to a major league starter).

2) Pitchers progress too rapidly relative to other positions. The algorithm for performance progression needs to be tweaked. As it stand now, the stats that pitchers are posting make them go on hot streaks, and it increases their potentials over time. The threshold for hot streaks needs to be tweaked higher (they should be posting better stats in order to become "hot").

As of right now, I'm reducing all drafted pitcher potentials by -20 across the board. I've also reduced the potentials of all A and B prospects on the OSFM rosters. I don't know if their will fix the problem since I'm only in year 2 of my franchise.

In any case, this needs to be fixed in next years game.

Last edited by Maverick09; 05-12-2015 at 09:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »