Home

So i'm in a difficulty dilemma

This is a discussion on So i'm in a difficulty dilemma within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
So i'm in a difficulty dilemma

Hey there,
im pretty much stuck at the game right now with the difficulty.
Ive been playing on the Dynamic level but have the following problem:
Batting: Batting on Rookie is too easy and i light up the CPU with 10 runs each game. Batting on Dynamic it puts me on Rookie + which is almost too hard, in the three games there I scored 3 runs, 2 runs and 0 runs.
But thats not the biggest problem since i know i can improve more with being patient and stuff.

THe bigger problem is when pitching.
Rookie, too easy. Rookie + with Dynamic pitching is not really a challenge either and it puts me up to Veteran. But here I get hit and hit hard. What makes it even worse is that the dynamic difficulty bumps me up to veteran and bumps me back down again several times a game. I start out at Rookie +, get bumped up to Veteran, get lit up there and get bumped down again where i play like 2 perfect innings after which i get bumped up again to Veteran and im looking at another 3+ run inning.

Anybody in the same boat? I thought about messing with the sliders a bit (using TNKs) to make Veteran a little bit easier but not sure which sliders i should touch herefore.
Bump up the Human pitching sliders or bump down the CPU hitting sliders?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So i'm in a difficulty dilemma

I have my Difficulty slider locked at Veteran + for batting (using directional). I am doing okay with that. I don't score a ton of runs but I seem to get about the same number of hits that I see in real games.

My problem was I locked it while doing a hitter in RTTS so when I started Season mode my pitching was on rookie. I was a little too good so I bumped it to veteran. It probably also needs to be at Veteran + but I don't want to turn on the unlock the dynamic difficulty because it could affect my hitting difficulty.

At some point, when I find some time to spend with my RTTS Closer I will unlock the difficulty and use it to bump my pitching to Veteran + then I will lock it again.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I have my Difficulty slider locked at Veteran + for batting (using directional). I am doing okay with that. I don't score a ton of runs but I seem to get about the same number of hits that I see in real games.

My problem was I locked it while doing a hitter in RTTS so when I started Season mode my pitching was on rookie. I was a little too good so I bumped it to veteran. It probably also needs to be at Veteran + but I don't want to turn on the unlock the dynamic difficulty because it could affect my hitting difficulty.

At some point, when I find some time to spend with my RTTS Closer I will unlock the difficulty and use it to bump my pitching to Veteran + then I will lock it again.
How can you lock the difficulty at Veteran +?
When going through the difficulties it only shows me Beginner, Dynamic, Rookie, Veteran and so on. Never the ones with a +

Old 04-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #4
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface-93
How can you lock the difficulty at Veteran +?
When going through the difficulties it only shows me Beginner, Dynamic, Rookie, Veteran and so on. Never the ones with a +
One of the sliders determines how fast or slow DD will advance or demote you based on performance. If you move the slider all the way to the left you essentially lock the DD at whatever level you are currently at. So play until you are at the level you are comfortable and then reduce the slider to 0.

When mine got to Vet + on hitting I turned the slider off and it has kept me there.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:45 AM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

It's probably too late to help you now but I strongly suggest making 2 separate settings profiles. 1 for RTTS and 1 for franchise. That way you avoid your situation with DD. I did that this year because in franchise I hit from a different view than I do in rtts and find it harder in rtts thus I needed different dynamic difficulty settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »