Home

I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

This is a discussion on I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #17
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I SWEAR, the game cheats, or hates me.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
I thought this was going to be a comeback code thread and I'm glad I was wrong. Nice story.

I was thinking the exact same thing, thinking "oh boy here we go again"

although I have had some very questionable errors and plays happen this year on me. especially being camped under a fly ball for a long time for it to not be caught, that has happen a few times and even in back to back plays causing me to lose the game. but nothing so serious too start throwing controller and what not. the game plays too damn good to be really mad at it.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
I thought this was going to be a comeback code thread and I'm glad I was wrong. Nice story.
lol I was thinking the same thing before I entered.
It was entertaining to find out the game merely hates CleveCluby, instead.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 2

The game definitely hates me. But that's because it's punishing me for thinking I could play it using the Rockies. With the exception of a handful of games when they tanked right from the beginning, my starting pitching staff has done pretty well in my 6-8 season start (I am only 2-6 in the division). But my relievers have been horrible. Every time I hand off the game from a starter who performed well and I still have a chance to win the game, my reliever (it does not matter who I put into the game), chokes and I end up losing. However, as much as the game hates me and wants to punish me, every once in a while it throws me a bone and lets me win a game here or there and keeps me wanting to come back the next day where the cycle of relief pitcher abuse starts all over. I don't think I am going to lose 100+ games (the game hates me, but it does not loath me). But I am pretty sure I am on track to lose 90+ games and will likely finish last in my division.

"The horror, the horror" ... a Marlon Brando line from Apocalypse Now.

Last edited by My993C2; 04-22-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Great post Cleveclubby. What game mode were you in?
Old 04-23-2015, 01:47 AM   #21
All Star

Quote:

Yeah I was thinking that to in till I saw what people where saying so then I went back and looked. I wish I had a wife to ground me lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks for all the comments guys.. I really appreciate it.. UPDATE.. I got a new controller, and I am no longer grounded. Flowers helped.. but to set the record straight, I really didn't throw it, I think I'm a little to old and mature to throw a perfectly good controller over a video game.. it simply and accidentally flew out of my hand when i jumped up and accidentally knocked the table over. That is exactly what I told my wife. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I mean really. I can't imagine that there is one person here that would get angry, emotional, or upset and make a fool out of themselves over a toy video game. Win,or lose,.. Come on guy's It's just a game.. Isn't it ??? The weird thing is, it has changed the way I play, Stupid as it sounds, I can't get that game off my mind. I go into every game wondering what I am gonna do to lose it. I have lost 5 out of 7 of my last games, At the first sign of trouble, I am pulling my pitcher and making bad decisions, trying to pitch much more careful and walking more batters. Taking pitches i should be swinging at and swinging at pitches I should be taking.. I realize that I am taking the game far too serious and who does that. It is just a fun video game. RIGHT ???? and for Japinad I was playing in Franchise mode.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:29 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Thanks for all the comments guys.. I really appreciate it.. UPDATE.. I got a new controller, and I am no longer grounded. Flowers helped.. but to set the record straight, I really didn't throw it, I think I'm a little to old and mature to throw a perfectly good controller over a video game.. it simply and accidentally flew out of my hand when i jumped up and accidentally knocked the table over. That is exactly what I told my wife. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I mean really. I can't imagine that there is one person here that would get angry, emotional, or upset and make a fool out of themselves over a toy video game. Win,or lose,.. Come on guy's It's just a game.. Isn't it ??? The weird thing is, it has changed the way I play, Stupid as it sounds, I can't get that game off my mind. I go into every game wondering what I am gonna do to lose it. I have lost 5 out of 7 of my last games, At the first sign of trouble, I am pulling my pitcher and making bad decisions, trying to pitch much more careful and walking more batters. Taking pitches i should be swinging at and swinging at pitches I should be taking.. I realize that I am taking the game far too serious and who does that. It is just a fun video game. RIGHT ???? and for Japinad I was playing in Franchise mode.
Man .... This Thread just keeps getting better!!!
Old 04-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I swear the game cheats. So close.. I am Cleveland playing KC... Carlos Carasco pitching for me. Bottom of the 9th inning. I am leading 2-0. Carasco has a perfect game. 17 Ks, No hits, no walks... K'd the first batter, 2'ond batter, hits routine ground ball to second base, throws it over 1st base mans head. runner goes to second. 3rd batter Pop up to third base.. 2 outs, runner on second base. Carasco Strikes out batter for 19th but ball gets away from catcher, runner goes to 3rd and batter beats out throw to first. Next batter, 1 ball 2k count, next pitch, Long drive to RF. Clears the fence by about a foot.. HR, I loose 3 to 2.. Not only did I lose the game, I now need to replace my controller as it don't work after striking the wall. My wife comes running to the room thinking I have fell or something because I am screaming. Thank God controller missed the TV. I am embarrassed as now I have to clean up carpet because my drink went flying when I kicked over table it was setting on. I didn't know I could speak in tongues as my wife explained. I am standing there, Looking like I am insane, sweating, dizzy, angry, ranting and raving. My wife just picked up my broken controller, UN-plugged my other controller, Looked at me and said.. YOU'RE DONE..You can have these back after you calm down and take a nap and walked out of my man cave shaking her head... HOLLY CRAP... 63 years old and I just got grounded.. GOD I HATE THIS GAME.. But as soon as my nap is over, and I take my blood pressure pills it's off to pawn shop for new controller and of course Wal-Mart for flowers.. I'll be back at it again.. Hopefully, just a little quieter.. God I love this game....
I have noticed that when I've got a perfect game or no-no going, that the umps start to all the sudden squeeze me more than in the beginning of the game, forcing me to throw hittable pitches to get strikes, (batter gets more hits).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »