Home

MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great vid. Looking forward to more
Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Zone Hitting Guide (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Great video. Thank you for the tips.

I'm interested to know how everyone positions their thumb on the left analog stick. I can't bend my thumb so sharply the way creator of the video does while still feeling like I have control of the stick; feels like the stick is going to slip out from underneath my thumb.

Therefore I keep my thumb much more straightened out but not locked, just slightly bent, with the 'meat' of my thumb on the top of the stick -- I feel I have more control than using the video's tip. Whether I use my form, or the Jake Berger's form, I still feel less in control whenever I push the stick UP ...

How does everyone position their thumb on the stick?

P.S., I wonder if they sell like rubber thumb pads, that keep your grip on the analog stick...? Or should i just get a thimble? lol
Dude, I seriously lol'ed at the thimble remark! I, too, would like to know other thumb positioning that are successful.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:35 PM   #11
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

I play with zone hitting with pci off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Cool, well-detailed video! I've always loved PCI hitting although I wish they'd replicate the Pro Yakyuu reticle instead of having the oval.

Personal preference, but I was never able to keep up with any pitches high, and always felt like I was missing out on pitching mistakes that were up in the zone, so I always keep my PCI high in the zone that way I am right on those pitches (moving left or right, just following the pitch as usual) or leave the stick in a rest position if it's pitched in the middle (at the belt) or follow the pitch downward if it's low.

I've had a lot of success with this method since I personally believe it's easier to track balls up to down from a pitchers hand and I feel like it makes reacting a lot easier since you don't have to think 'up or down, if it's not in the middle', you're just thinking 'downward, if it's not up', so it's just a single reaction instead of a split reaction, if that makes any effing sense at all since I'm probably reasonably self-conscious in the logic in this. It's all hand-eye coordination and reaction and whatever at the end of the day.

Anyway, I don't stick to this all the time, changing where I'll hold the PCI depending on the pitcher/batter scenario, but it's my go-to for when I just need to lock-in and track the ball if I'm in a rut or anything.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:36 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Great video. Thank you for the tips.

I'm interested to know how everyone positions their thumb on the left analog stick. I can't bend my thumb so sharply the way creator of the video does while still feeling like I have control of the stick; feels like the stick is going to slip out from underneath my thumb.

Therefore I keep my thumb much more straightened out but not locked, just slightly bent, with the 'meat' of my thumb on the top of the stick -- I feel I have more control than using the video's tip. Whether I use my form, or the Jake Berger's form, I still feel less in control whenever I push the stick UP ...

How does everyone position their thumb on the stick?

P.S., I wonder if they sell like rubber thumb pads, that keep your grip on the analog stick...? Or should i just get a thimble? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBravesx
Dude, I seriously lol'ed at the thimble remark! I, too, would like to know other thumb positioning that are successful.
I dont hold it the way the video creator does either. I just hold it normally, except my thumb intentionally extends past the analog stick a bit... so that I'm practically touching the stick with the underside of my knuckle, instead of the tip of my thumb. This helps me avoid the "overadjustment" problem that was described in the video, since I'm basically applying pressure to my entire thumb (which is heavier), instead of just the last segment.

I haven't tried it his way before though, so I'm going to give it a shot in my next game.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:06 AM   #14
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I dont hold it the way the video creator does either. I just hold it normally, except my thumb intentionally extends past the analog stick a bit... so that I'm practically touching the stick with the underside of my knuckle, instead of the tip of my thumb. This helps me avoid the "overadjustment" problem that was described in the video, since I'm basically applying pressure to my entire thumb (which is heavier), instead of just the last segment.

I haven't tried it his way before though, so I'm going to give it a shot in my next game.
when you try it, please let me know how it goes!!!

Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/FratNightGaming

MLB THE SHOW GUIDES:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oXcjKpbMYUEbd2
Old 04-24-2015, 02:54 AM   #15
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Damn now after watching this I want to go back to zone. I was using directional hitting

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 02:55 AM   #16
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Great video very detail and helpful thank you

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »