Home

Home runs

This is a discussion on Home runs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Home runs

Hitting home runs in MLB 14 was never a problem for me but in this years game I can't seem to hit for power. Every fly ball seems to be either just a lazy regular catch OR it gets caught at the wall. Even when I hear the sweet sound the bat makes when you're right on a pitch the ball just is a tower shot straight up. I'm using the Tigers in my franchise and I've upped my power to 6 as the last home run I hit was about 6 games ago. If anyone has any suggestions I greatly appreciate them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Home runs

I don't know what hitting method you're using, but I've noticed that when using directional hitting, looking up in the zone on a hitter's count results in sharper hit balls. If you leave it centered, then a pitch up in the zone is more likely to yield a weak fly ball or pop up, even when you're timing is good.

You'll still be able to drive waist-high pitches, but I'd recommend pushing the stick up when you're sitting fastball.

I know developers have said that if you leave it centered it will work the same as last year, but that's not what I'm seeing.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Home runs

Homeruns have been a lot tougher this year for me as well. I'm getting plenty of doubles and triples, but the homeruns are few and far between right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »