Home

Line Drives/ Grounders Up The Middle

This is a discussion on Line Drives/ Grounders Up The Middle within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Line Drives/ Grounders Up The Middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachOneNY
Does any else notice that a majority of balls hit back up the middle hit the pitcher and result in an out? I'd say at least 75% possibly more end in this result. It's quite annoying when especially when you have someone in scoring position. Thoughts?
I notice this too. A LOT of comebackers hit the pitcher and they make the play. Even ones hit solid and shouldn't be stopped.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:54 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 0

This is one of just a few problems the game has that keeps the game play from being perfect in a game with great game play. This has been an issue since like at least mlb 08 though.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 AM   #11
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

I've hit a ton of comebackers at the pitcher in RTTS... Wouldnt bother me so much if the pitcher was occasionally injured by one, but I haven't seen it yet. They just scoop up the ball and gun me out at 1st... It's kinda incredible lol! They always just shake it off and I just smh!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPoofPuffer
I think I line drive the pitcher a little too often in RTTS. I had one streak where I line drived the pitcher 4 times in back to back games. In real life, most pitchers try to get out of the way if a ball is hit right back at them really hard but in MLB The Show, they are all crazy macho men who take a line drive off their chest then pick it up and throw you out like nothing happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigTicket205
I've hit a ton of comebackers at the pitcher in RTTS... Wouldnt bother me so much if the pitcher was occasionally injured by one, but I haven't seen it yet. They just scoop up the ball and gun me out at 1st... It's kinda incredible lol! They always just shake it off and I just smh!
Hmm RTTS is a whole different animal. I wonder if OP was talking about RTTS too? The game automatically runs RTTS on a lower difficulty level to simulate the "easiness" of minor league games (unless you're in the majors, obviously).

Easier difficulty level means a wider timing window, and that in turn means more hits up the middle, because perfect timing becomes easier.

I haven't played RTTS this year, so I don't know firsthand if there really is a problem, but based on the above, I can believe it.

Just expect the problem to naturally go away as you progress up the ranks, and it should be gone by the time you're at the MLB level.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #13
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Im with Bobhead.

This WAS a problem in previous years but i dont see it as one this year.

The ratio of hits up the middle/pitcher snagging/fielding them seems much more realistic.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #14
Rookie

Not seeing it too much and they don't always make a play when it does happen. Actually had one wicked shot that hit the pitcher in the head and left him motionless, it was gruesomely cool. He was then helped off with a concussion.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #15
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Think it's not as much of an issue anymore since last year or the year before, maybe for this years version of the show it has been toned down even more but for sure it was more in the show 12 than in 13 or 14 already. STILL it happens to often even this year and is resulting in plays that i dont see happen in real life.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #16
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

I just played a game where pitchers on both teams missed easy ground balls back to them, and both times the second basemen wiffed on picking up the ball. However the game registered them as hits. Hasn't happened to me as much this year as in past years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »