Home

Game not scoring errors?

This is a discussion on Game not scoring errors? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Game not scoring errors?

Hi there, quick question about errors, there were already a few times where i expected the game to score a situation as an error but it didnt.
Now i'm not 100% with the baseball rules so please let me know if i'm incorrect on those ones:

- No runners on base, Deep routine flyball to Center Field, I move my center fielder back too much and the ball drops right in front of me and rolls past me. I ran to the ball, picked it up, threw to the cut off man, threw to home and the runner just got in there before the tag.
Game scores it as an E8 yet it counts it as an earned run for my pitcher.
Why? Shouldnt it be an unearned run because if my CF would have caught the ball in first place, it would have been an out? Its not my pitchers fault that the CF makes the error and the runner gets around to score!

-Runners at 1st and third, 2 outs. Batter hits a soft groundball right at my SS who is close to second base. Im preparing for the double play but my SS botches the pickup, the ball hits his glove and rolls a few inches away.
By the time my SS picked the ball up the runner from first is almost at second so decide to throw out the batter at first who is out my a mile.
To my surprise this is not scored as a E6 but as a base hit, game log says: grounded out to SS on a deflected hit(6-3)
This is just as puzzling for me, it was a sure double play to happen and therefore the end of the inning and the runner from third would not have scored either.

Can anybody help me?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Game not scoring errors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface-93
Hi there, quick question about errors, there were already a few times where i expected the game to score a situation as an error but it didnt.
Now i'm not 100% with the baseball rules so please let me know if i'm incorrect on those ones:

- No runners on base, Deep routine flyball to Center Field, I move my center fielder back too much and the ball drops right in front of me and rolls past me. I ran to the ball, picked it up, threw to the cut off man, threw to home and the runner just got in there before the tag.
Why? Shouldnt it be an unearned run because if my CF would have caught the ball in first place, it would have been an out? Its not my pitchers fault that the CF makes the error and the runner gets around to score!

-Runners at 1st and third, 2 outs. Batter hits a soft groundball right at my SS who is close to second base. Im preparing for the double play but my SS botches the pickup, the ball hits his glove and rolls a few inches away.
By the time my SS picked the ball up the runner from first is almost at second so decide to throw out the batter at first who is out my a mile.
To my surprise this is not scored as a E6 but as a base hit, game log says: grounded out to SS on a deflected hit(6-3)
This is just as puzzling for me, it was a sure double play to happen and therefore the end of the inning and the runner from third would not have scored either.

Can anybody help me?
Your second situation makes no sense. There are two outs, you throw the runner out at first "by a mile" and yet the game scored it as a hit and the inning continued? I am completely baffled by your description as to what happened.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Your second situation makes no sense. There are two outs, you throw the runner out at first "by a mile" and yet the game scored it as a hit and the inning continued? I am completely baffled by your description as to what happened.
Sorry, typo here, theres one out.
The double play would have gotten me out of the inning but because of the muffed ball i only got the runner at first.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

Can anybody help me?

Error scoring (and therefore earned runs as well) in the game has never really been decent, so some of them are definitely the game not evaluation the game situation properly.

I see the latter example you cited often in this year's game. I think it's similar to this kind:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=38

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3&postcount=47

I've filed a bug report referencing this issue, so if you are so inclined, please upvote:

http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/13719
Old 04-26-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Sorry, typo here, theres one out.
The double play would have gotten me out of the inning but because of the muffed ball i only got the runner at first.
Ok, now I get it...

While I haven't seen it, or at least noticed it, I do know that the game sometimes has been poor in the scoring of errors in the past.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 02:23 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Ok, now I get it...

While I haven't seen it, or at least noticed it, I do know that the game sometimes has been poor in the scoring of errors in the past.

Yeah it works both ways in this game. Some times balls that are clear hits are called errors to.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:27 AM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

During the "All-Star" games in Road to the Show, I had multiple errors that were recorded as hits against me. All routine plays.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 04-27-2015, 03:27 AM   #8
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Can anybody help me?
While the base hit part of your second one is obviously wrong, it shouldn't be scored as an error, either. When determining if there's an error, a double play is never assumed. If the out was made at first then it would just be scored as a ground out that advanced the runner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »