Home

Did You Stick to Your Y2Y Save?

This is a discussion on Did You Stick to Your Y2Y Save? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Best Describes Your Year-to-Year Saves Experience?
Using my MLB 14 save and have not looked back 24 40.68%
Used my MLB 14 save, but quit and started over with a new save anyway 15 25.42%
Used my MLB 14 save, but still wanted to start fresh, so I have multiple saved games going 13 22.03%
Played MLB 14 but didn't use the Y2Y Save feature at all 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Did You Stick to Your Y2Y Save?

I'm definitely using it, just wish I had more time to play. Got a month to go in my Orioles season and we're currently tied for the AL's second wild card spot with Oakland.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the Y2Y save feature. I played about 30 games from my 2014 franchise before starting a new one. The only reason I decide to start fresh was because of a few roster adjustments that I would have made if I had known that I would play so deep into the franchise. So before starting my current franchise (which I plan to play moving into 16 and even 17 barring any major mode changes) was to go through the new OSFM rosters and adjust the potentials for older players and younger players to provide a more realistic influx of new talent on teams. I was in year 4 of my 2014 franchise and there were just way too many mid level prospects becoming all star caliber players. At the same time the regression in older players wasn't happening quickly enough, mainly in pitchers, for it to feel realistic. I did some simulations and think I have found a growth/regression that I can enjoy for the next few seasons.

In my opinion its the best feature to be implemented in sports games in a very long time.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:22 PM   #19
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I've almost exclusively been playing my franchise that I started in 14. I'm in September gearing up for the playoffs.

It's really satisfying knowing all that time and energy I spent building my prospect pool in 14 (by fleecing other teams, true but hey, it still took time) Is going to actually be of benefit to me. 2 or 3 years from now, the stars on my team are going to be guys that I drafted and traded for. That's kind of epic.

There has only been one other team in one other sports game that I've managed to play to the point where I was several years in the future. I played NHL 11 for a long, long time, never upgrading because I was too attached to my team. Sure, they were all fake players by that point. But it was still really cool seeing a team that I had built from scratch play on the ice.

I'm REALLY looking forward to that moment with MLB the show.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #20
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

I waited to start my 2016 season until I got 15. I played about 20 ST games to get my sliders down and now the calendar just turned to May in the regular season. I'm currently 14-10 after going 80-82 in 14 and 106-56 losing in the NLCS in 15. Can't wait to see 16 turns out.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:54 AM   #21
All Star

I am really surprised by these results. I thought almost ever one would continue because it is such a great feature and baseball season is so long that in less you sim most games it is going to take a long time to go though the season. With that said I started fresh but only because I was disappointed with last years game and didn't play much of it. Starting next year I am going to be using this like ever year. Ever sports game should have this amazing feature!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 07:49 AM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I am really surprised by these results. I thought almost ever one would continue because it is such a great feature and baseball season is so long that in less you sim most games it is going to take a long time to go though the season. With that said I started fresh but only because I was disappointed with last years game and didn't play much of it. Starting next year I am going to be using this like ever year. Ever sports game should have this amazing feature!
I think the numbers look about right. Even though you get invested in your franchise there are players that emerge IRL that catch your attention and sometimes the only way to get them in the game is to start over.

The majority still have kept their '14 files into '15 so it shows that SCEA once again is about bringing in features that the people want and utilize.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #23
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Because:

A) I didn't get the Show until late August last year when I bought my PS4, and it was at no point the only game I played, so I didn't dedicate a ton of time to it. Unlike now when it will be the only game I'm playing for months on end.

and

B) I really wanted to use the newest rosters for my Cubs franchise. And I really, really wanted to use real life contracts.

I didn't carry anything over from 2014.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:33 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I think the numbers look about right. Even though you get invested in your franchise there are players that emerge IRL that catch your attention and sometimes the only way to get them in the game is to start over.

The majority still have kept their '14 files into '15 so it shows that SCEA once again is about bringing in features that the people want and utilize.
There's also the PS3 --> PS4 bridge problem. I think the numbers will improve each year as more people make the transition and are actually able to use the feature without buying the previous year's game on PS4 just to transfer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »