Home

Thank you MLB '15 -- This made my night!

This is a discussion on Thank you MLB '15 -- This made my night! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

OVR: 0
Thank you MLB '15 -- This made my night!

In years past, every horrible MLB team would somehow find a way to host 40,000 fans to every game in franchise mode with EVERY seat filled (no matter what the team's record, market or time of season was. This drove me nuts, because only a handful of clubs really can fill their stadiums to 90%+ capacity.

Tonight in my Royals franchise, I played a 40-degree game in Cleveland. Not only was the announced attendance only 7,680, but IT WAS VERY OBVIOUS when you looked around Progressive Field. The upper deck was totally empty, and there were only a handful of fans (freezing) in the outfield seats. The only concentrated area of fans was between the dugouts -- THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE!

This made my day. FINALLY, The Show nailed this part of the game...accurately reflecting teams' attendances in franchise mode. This makes playing games throughout a Franchise Mode totally rewarding and so realistic-feeling. Mid-April weeknight games in freezing Cleveland SHOULD be different than weekend summer games at Kauffman Stadium.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Thank you MLB '15 -- This made my night!

See man, I've heard about his but have never seen it. Probably because I usually use The Yankees and they tend to draw big crowds everywhere. This year I'm using the Padres so at this rate (I'm 3-7 LOL!) I'll have an empty park in no time.

But I can't wait.

Do you have a screenshot or a video you could share? I'd love to see what an empty stadium looks and feels like!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:57 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

I'm drawing way too many fans. Friggin' Tuesday night game in April, sub-50 degrees and rain, against the Indians, and I'm selling the place out. It's just kinda silly. Wish they didn't take away ticket pricing because in the past you could kinda control this.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:12 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
See man, I've heard about his but have never seen it. Probably because I usually use The Yankees and they tend to draw big crowds everywhere. This year I'm using the Padres so at this rate (I'm 3-7 LOL!) I'll have an empty park in no time.

But I can't wait.

Do you have a screenshot or a video you could share? I'd love to see what an empty stadium looks and feels like!
As weird as this sounds, it is really cool to see a half-empty ballpark.

I've had a few. And there have been game where we drew a decent number of fans, but there were patches of empty seats. You can see it and it is awesome.

Oh, and play a minor league game.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:43 AM   #5
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i love playing in a half empty stadium as a road player in my rtts. the phillies in mine was 15-50 and citizens bank park was more blue seats than fans wearing red

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 12:46 AM   #6
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

This isn't new. Dynamic attendance has always been in the game. Ramone said they changed the way it's handled this year.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

I have been drawing good crowds in my 9 home dates so far at Coors Field. Lowest I had was about 67% occupancy with a number of games at 80% (keep in mind to date 6 of these games have been against division rivals). But this evening I played a road game in Arizona which only drew about 15,000 fans. Not as bad as 7,000 in KC. But it was still a fairly empty stadium. I don't expect my good attendance at Coors Field to last. I figure next time I play a non-division rival at home attendance will be down in the 50% or lower range depending on my record which currently stands at 10-10.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 AM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
This isn't new. Dynamic attendance has always been in the game. Ramone said they changed the way it's handled this year.
Yepp. Used to it would have fans evenly spread out all through the park. Now you may see the upper levels completely empty and a few thousand all on the lowest levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »