Home

How do you request a trade?

This is a discussion on How do you request a trade? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Gamecock_Aholic's Arena

OVR: 0
How do you request a trade?

The only thing in my interactions is "retire." Am I missing a super obvious way to request a trade in RTTS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 12:24 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: How do you request a trade?

No.. You have no say in RTTS.. You simply have to wait till they offer you that option.. Then don't expect to be traded.. Just keep requesting,when offered, but be careful what you ask for.. You may not like what you get.. After I asked several times, I got less and less playing time. Now if you are a superstar, that might be a different situation.. I wasn't
Old 04-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic
The only thing in my interactions is "retire." Am I missing a super obvious way to request a trade in RTTS?
the option doesn't show up until about May 1st in your schedule usually. And obviously it disappears on August 1st.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

ZoltanZ's Arena

I have a starting pitcher in RttS that was drafted by the A's. I started out AA in the 5 man rotation and was 1-2 with a 2.35 ERA. They moved me to the bullpen as a middle reliever. I requested a trade because I wanted to start but it said there was no trade partners.

After a few relief appearances I got moved back into the starting rotation and went 3-1 with a 1.45 ERA. The A's then traded me to the Rockies. I havent played my pitcher since. Should have kept my mouth shut...lol
Old 04-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoltanZ
I have a starting pitcher in RttS that was drafted by the A's. I started out AA in the 5 man rotation and was 1-2 with a 2.35 ERA. They moved me to the bullpen as a middle reliever. I requested a trade because I wanted to start but it said there was no trade partners.

After a few relief appearances I got moved back into the starting rotation and went 3-1 with a 1.45 ERA. The A's then traded me to the Rockies. I havent played my pitcher since. Should have kept my mouth shut...lol
That is very realistic, IMO. They waited until you have more value before trading you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

I just wish there was more feedback given when you ask for a trade. What you get now doesn't tell you anything. It honestly doesn't tell you if they are still looking to try and trade you after you request it.

If your play time gets cut back from constantly asking to be traded, then management should say something to you. If you can't be traded because of your value, then the game should tell you. If there were no takers from other teams, then the game should tell you. If the current answer is no, then the game should tell you.

The lack of personal interaction in RTTS is the only thing that bothers me. I never feel invested in my player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »