Home

How do you use directional hitting?

This is a discussion on How do you use directional hitting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What method of directional hitting do you use?
Situationally (Pre-pitch aim) 32 82.05%
Dynamic (Aim towards ball as it comes to the plate) 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #9
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you use directional hitting?

Im using directional, but I dont aim. Im just not that coordinated anymore. Im really stuggling to hit in this years game. Its like I cant see the ball, let alone the seams or how the pitcher is holding it. It is really bumming me out to the point I may go back to '14. Everything is early (and the ball seems right on top of me) or late (and it seems the ball is well past me). Especially Changes and CB's, it seems like I see them break down and wait that 1/2 sec longer and I always whiff and get early swing, but the pitch is right at the bottom of the zone.
Its getting frustrating, but I am trying to watch videos and tips..... Im just at a stand still right now.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I leave it centered for all power swings. Usually thats what I do until there is two strikes, then use contact swing and directional as the pitch is coming in. I never pre-load it unless I am really struggling or a pitcher constantly throws to one side of the plate.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Im using directional, but I dont aim. Im just not that coordinated anymore. Im really stuggling to hit in this years game. Its like I cant see the ball, let alone the seams or how the pitcher is holding it. It is really bumming me out to the point I may go back to '14. Everything is early (and the ball seems right on top of me) or late (and it seems the ball is well past me). Especially Changes and CB's, it seems like I see them break down and wait that 1/2 sec longer and I always whiff and get early swing, but the pitch is right at the bottom of the zone.
Its getting frustrating, but I am trying to watch videos and tips..... Im just at a stand still right now.
That is me exactly. Can you link some videos you've been watching to help you out in this regard?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »