Home

Virtual Delivery actually affect Pitch Break?

This is a discussion on Virtual Delivery actually affect Pitch Break? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Rookie

RabidPanther's Arena

OVR: 0
Virtual Delivery actually affect Pitch Break?

I understand certain deliveries have different arm angles and delivery speeds but was just curious if it was really all cosmetic. Also I realize that certain arm angles make certain pitches harder to read and so forth.
Meaning if I pick a sidearm delivery will my 12-6 break the same amount as an over the top delivery? Ofcourse assuming the 12-6 had same stats for both deliveries. I plan on making a RTTS SP tonight and was going to base my pitches around the delivery if this were true. Or if I threw a side arm slider with a 4ft break would I get that same amount of break with a 3/4 delivery or over the top delivery? (Assuming stats of slider are the same). If this holds true think I'm gonna create a Randy Johnson mold only a ft shorter lol with a nasty slider!

Ultimately does certain pitches have a bigger break per Arm Delivery?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Virtual Delivery actually affect Pitch Break?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidPanther
I understand certain deliveries have different arm angles and delivery speeds but was just curious if it was really all cosmetic. Also I realize that certain arm angles make certain pitches harder to read and so forth.
Meaning if I pick a sidearm delivery will my 12-6 break the same amount as an over the top delivery? Ofcourse assuming the 12-6 had same stats for both deliveries. I plan on making a RTTS SP tonight and was going to base my pitches around the delivery if this were true. Or if I threw a side arm slider with a 4ft break would I get that same amount of break with a 3/4 delivery or over the top delivery? (Assuming stats of slider are the same). If this holds true think I'm gonna create a Randy Johnson mold only a ft shorter lol with a nasty slider!

Ultimately does certain pitches have a bigger break per Arm Delivery?
Although I haven't actually done this experiment, it certaintly seems like delivery affects pitch break. During my franchise run, submarine pitchers always have me hell. There aren't that many submariners out there, but their pitch breaks are so unpredictable. Even fastballs seem to have some weird downward motion 5 feet in front of the plate.

good call on the Randy Johnson clone. In my opinion, he's the most dominant pitcher of all time. I still remember as a 7th grader watching him own my Yankees in the world series. Simply the best ever!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: Virtual Delivery actually affect Pitch Break?

I would think the the delivery does have an influence on the break of a pitch. Especially like you mentioned with having a sub-mariner deliver a 12-6 curve. Even a change-up would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
good call on the Randy Johnson clone. In my opinion, he's the most dominant pitcher of all time. I still remember as a 7th grader watching him own my Yankees in the world series. Simply the best ever!
Whenever I make a SP, I make him 6'10" wearing #51 with a 4seam and slider as his main pitches. Mr. Snappy (as his slider was affectionately called) is always a threat. And Yes, I still have the video of him coming out of the bullpen in relief with Welcome to the Jungle blaring saved on my computer.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 04-29-2015 at 06:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »