Home

Something I have never seen

This is a discussion on Something I have never seen within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Something I have never seen

I stole 2nd and the throw went into the outfield and my guy got up and went to third. That's the first time I have seen that in a MLBTS game I think. I love it! It's things like that make this game so awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Something I have never seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I stole 2nd and the throw went into the outfield and my guy got up and went to third. That's the first time I have seen that in a MLBTS game I think. I love it! It's things like that make this game so awesome!
I've played about 100 games so far and have seen it once. Yes, it's there. However, I've seen the infielders throw over the first basemen's head and into the crowd about once every 2 games. Unrealistic in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:21 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
I've played about 100 games so far and have seen it once. Yes, it's there. However, I've seen the infielders throw over the first basemen's head and into the crowd about once every 2 games. Unrealistic in my opinion.

Haven't thrown one ball into the stands yet. I'm sure I will now though!
Old 05-01-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

I stole 3rd last night and the catcher made a horrible throw into the outfield, I was then able to take home and tie the game up.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

My guys have never got up in time to take third as well. I do find it frustrating when you do a hit and run and the guy going to second always slides so you dont have time to go to third usually. Maybe i just need to be quicker selecting him but i swear you cant do it in time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Scoops
My guys have never got up in time to take third as well. I do find it frustrating when you do a hit and run and the guy going to second always slides so you dont have time to go to third usually. Maybe i just need to be quicker selecting him but i swear you cant do it in time
change the sliding setting then. you can switch it from auto(which makes the cpu slide for you) or manual(where you decide to slide or not).

but on the topic of this thread, ive seen this happen way too many times. but mostly happens in rtts when im stealing to second they over throw.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:02 AM   #7
Rookie

Unfortunately the opposite occurs then... they dont slide at all. Again i guess i just need to be quicker
Old 05-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
change the sliding setting then. you can switch it from auto(which makes the cpu slide for you) or manual(where you decide to slide or not).

but on the topic of this thread, ive seen this happen way too many times. but mostly happens in rtts when im stealing to second they over throw.
I'm confused. I don't see that as an option. I have either "on" which says the cpu will automatically slide for the users runner or "assist" which says the cpu will choose a slide if one isn't already selected. I don't have a choice of "manual".
Mine is on assist and my runner always slides into second on hit and runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »