Home

AllStar to Hall of Fame

This is a discussion on AllStar to Hall of Fame within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 12:02 AM   #1
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5
AllStar to Hall of Fame

i've been playing on AllStar using directional hitting and classic pitching. AllStar feels a tad easier this year compared to years past, especially pitching. casually considering moving up to HOF just to get a little more of a challenge. my question is, has anyone else done this? i know i'll just have to try it for myself, but i'm just wondering if it would be a big step up or just a tad more challenging. i appreciate your thoughts/input...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #2
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: AllStar to Hall of Fame

AS/Classic feels easier to you than 14? Wow. 14 (with QC's, anyway) was the easiest and least balanced of any Show I have ever played and I've been on board since 09.

15, aside from my recent strikeout totals, is the best balance and most realistic game on default AS I have ever seen.

My experience has always been that the gap between AS to HOF is too vast. Like, it's too much so that it wouldn't make sense for most people as the next level to jump into. Especially for Classic.

Admittedly, I haven't tried HOF on 15 so I can't begin to talk about how balanced I feel it is.

That said, have you tried Dynamic Difficulty at all? AS+ was glorious last year. I may end up forcing myself on it this year! Considering we can now zero out the DD slider, I think if you haven't you should try it. It may be the perfect level for you.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:39 AM   #3
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

thanks. i might give DD a shot. don't get me wrong, AS default is very good. been getting great games. i dropped both USER pitcher control and consistency to 3....it's been great. after 40 games my team ERA is 3.78 and team batting avg is .280 ...i'm just a little concerned because i've never been able to get off to this good of a start with any version of MLBTS. i'm probably going to stick where i'm at and get a larger sample size before i decide to bump it up. playing as the Pirates, by the way
Old 05-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
AS/Classic feels easier to you than 14? Wow. 14 (with QC's, anyway) was the easiest and least balanced of any Show I have ever played and I've been on board since 09.

15, aside from my recent strikeout totals, is the best balance and most realistic game on default AS I have ever seen.

My experience has always been that the gap between AS to HOF is too vast. Like, it's too much so that it wouldn't make sense for most people as the next level to jump into. Especially for Classic.

Admittedly, I haven't tried HOF on 15 so I can't begin to talk about how balanced I feel it is.

That said, have you tried Dynamic Difficulty at all? AS+ was glorious last year. I may end up forcing myself on it this year! Considering we can now zero out the DD slider, I think if you haven't you should try it. It may be the perfect level for you.

I think pitching with classic on all star is way too easy this year. There's some games where I barely pay attention when pitching and still go 7 innings with My starter rarely allowing more than a few runs. I really don't have to think when pitching to the cpu on all star.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

same here. that's why i dropped USER control and consistency down two clicks from default. getting pretty good results so i'm gonna stick with it for awhile. if it begins to seem too easy again i may try pitching on default HOF
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »