Home

Franchise mode training - why are so many stats decreasing?

This is a discussion on Franchise mode training - why are so many stats decreasing? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise mode training - why are so many stats decreasing?

I realize many stats go down due to player age but I have young players like Mike Trout who are seeing a net negative to their overall stats. In fact, I'd say overall through week 3 of the season, overall my players have lost more points than they've gained. I have top tier coaches so that's not the issue either. Is it because I'm training people all the time and not resting their training time (focusing on contact)? Do your have to change the training regime for people every week? Or more often or less often?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode training - why are so many stats decreasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
I realize many stats go down due to player age but I have young players like Mike Trout who are seeing a net negative to their overall stats. In fact, I'd say overall through week 3 of the season, overall my players have lost more points than they've gained. I have top tier coaches so that's not the issue either. Is it because I'm training people all the time and not resting their training time (focusing on contact)? Do your have to change the training regime for people every week? Or more often or less often?
I leave training on auto for all of my players. For the first couple of weeks some players have -1 on certain attributea such as stamina for pitchers. However, a few weeks later, players start to really progress and by the time the all star break rolls around, only really old players have -1. By the end of the season, my young A and B potential players have progressed as much as 9 points in certain attributes.

Just keep at it. The attribute loss early on in the season seems to be just temporary. In a couple more weeks, they'll be progressing.

If they're decreasing because you're manually training, uou might need to check into how often you change training assignments. Like i said, i leave training to auto because i don't want to risk training my players manually. I'm not too sure of how often i should be training them. Furthermore, it would take me hours to follow each individual player and tailor the workouts to fit their style of play. No sense in training my catcher in speed is there? Good luck.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sljivo
I leave training on auto for all of my players. For the first couple of weeks some players have -1 on certain attributea such as stamina for pitchers. However, a few weeks later, players start to really progress and by the time the all star break rolls around, only really old players have -1. By the end of the season, my young A and B potential players have progressed as much as 9 points in certain attributes.

Just keep at it. The attribute loss early on in the season seems to be just temporary. In a couple more weeks, they'll be progressing.

If they're decreasing because you're manually training, uou might need to check into how often you change training assignments. Like i said, i leave training to auto because i don't want to risk training my players manually. I'm not too sure of how often i should be training them. Furthermore, it would take me hours to follow each individual player and tailor the workouts to fit their style of play. No sense in training my catcher in speed is there? Good luck.
ya agree, manually training just takes way too long to bother with it. way too many players to deal with, just not worth it. i also just leave it to auto because frankly, i dont want to spend all that time adjusting, etc.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
ya agree, manually training just takes way too long to bother with it. way too many players to deal with, just not worth it. i also just leave it to auto because frankly, i dont want to spend all that time adjusting, etc.
I leave it on auto also. Mainly because like you said, I don't want to spend all that time adjusting things.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:44 PM   #5
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Training has nothing to do with it. Training is nothing but positive increases or slowing regression (ratings could still go down but not as much thanks to training.

I think you may be seeing the new performance based progression. Is Trout et al having a slow start? The other culprit would be potential. If a player has a 99 overall but only a 90 potential, they will go down to the 90. Doubt that is the case with Trout, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I set each players training the first day of each month.

30 days max for each training type has been a best practice of mine for years.

It works quite well.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I set each players training the first day of each month.

30 days max for each training type has been a best practice of mine for years.

It works quite well.
Do you ever give your players any days off and not train? I ask because I was always under the impression that constant training wears out a player and results in diminished returns or decrease in ratings. Or maybe training the same exercise for too long does that.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox
Do you ever give your players any days off and not train? I ask because I was always under the impression that constant training wears out a player and results in diminished returns or decrease in ratings. Or maybe training the same exercise for too long does that.
i think the devs need to answer this though, as it seems no one Really knows if this is true or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »