Home

PCI Issue

This is a discussion on PCI Issue within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
PCI Issue

Is anyone else having an issue with PCI placement? More specifically, when I'm pressing down on the LS, the PCI always goes to the right bottom half. I don't play with the visual aid, but when I look after the pitch, the placement 9/10 times shows I moved it to the right lower half which I know I didnt.

I've simulated the downward movement pitching with the ball marker on to maybe see if it was a controller problem, but it goes straight down the way I would like to for zone hitting.

Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: PCI Issue

You're swinging too early/moving the PCI too late, and the game is only processing your initial twitch, instead of your finished motion.

This has happened to me in the past. The problem is that while the end-result of your thumb movement might be straight downwards, that does not mean your thumb moves in a perfectly straight path the entire time.

If you filmed yourself playing and played your thumb movements in slow motion, you'd probably see that your thumb veers outward (away from your hand, which would be to the right), then curves back downwards, in almost a semi-circle type of shape.

If your swing button is pressed a third-of-the-way into that motion, the game will take where your thumb is at that exact point, which means the PCI will not be where you wanted it to be.

I've been asking for the "PCI lock" to be removed/fixed for a while now, but it doesn't seem likely. In the meantime, the only solution is for you to work on moving the PCI sooner, or swinging later... You have to make sure your thumb is at its destination before you hit the swing button.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Baseball Purist's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: PCI Issue

Thanks for the advice.

I've noticed that my thumb does slightly veer to the right, but this is the first time I can remember it being that sensitive. I mean the PCI is directly on the lower right corner, which IMO needs/would indicate I made a precise movement to that direction.

I'm going to run with the aid on for awhile just to see if I can't get my thumb movement down to see if it helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »