Home

I think this game looks worse than 14.

This is a discussion on I think this game looks worse than 14. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 06:07 PM   #33
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: I think this game looks worse than 14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
It really is not 20 to 30 FPS most of the time. I wouldn't play it if that was true.
Somebody in this thread(hint...it's not you )is smokin' some crazy **** when he plays the Show

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
In the two screenshots 14 looks better, the bottom one. But having played both for crazy hours 15 seems way better to me. In fifteen a random stadium shot is a bad judge as lighting changes based on real life and stuff.
I only posted it to judge aliasing/jaggies as they are taken at different times of day. But I happen to think the top one, 15, looks better.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #35
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

I for one am hoping their first full year of dev time contributes heavily to the coders FINALLY leaving the pos PS3 behind. It's honestly time to wake up and smell the coffee here. The performance is okay in game. The jaggies are gross and totally make me want to go right back to my PC but that is because I'm not used to these older graphics. I just can't really deal with jaggies on graphics anymore but most people shouldn't be too affected by it.

Still, I want some major improvements to be made. Sony should be making SDK improvements and the PS4 should be pretty capable by next April. There isn't THAT much else to put in the PS4 as far as apps and such. Most of the whiners have been appeased besides unnecessary stuff like DLNA and obviously the most important one with music/SotS.

And as far the devs go to kill off the PS3 version I will be happy. By next April the PS4 is going to be basically their ONLY focus in the major markets. It's time for this series to move on.

Graphically, MLB 14 was a laugher. IDK about smoothness I guess it was a touch smoother because all it was basically was an upscale with some fancy textures here and there.

With that being said 15 still looks like a beta in the graphics department if we are talking what they are capable of here.

Graphically, lol, NHL isn't even close. Not only do they have the easiest game to make graphically that thing was blurry as hell on PS4.

Guy just said NHL is king in graphics for him and the damn thing is 720p! on PS4. The demo was purely awful. I can't honestly trust most of the opinions in this thread. Even if they patched putting out a demo at 720p is just hilarious.

Meanwhile, The Show is by far the hardest game to get right with graphics because of lighting, stadiums, players on field, ball reactions, shadows, fans close to the field, etc. Only Football comes close.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 05-04-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I would love to know how you have managed to gauge the FPS in all of these games other then simply going on assumptions and what someone else may have said which still leaves zero proof. There is not a single article I have seen saying the FPS in the show is lower than 60. I have seen absolutely zero frame drops or had really any sort of significant tearing either.
don't worry he'll show you a video of a camera pan that clearly shows that the framerate drops.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MythicalGnome
I for one am hoping their first full year of dev time contributes heavily to the coders FINALLY leaving the pos PS3 behind. It's honestly time to wake up and smell the coffee here. The performance is okay in game. The jaggies are gross and totally make me want to go right back to my PC but that is because I'm not used to these older graphics. I just can't really deal with jaggies on graphics anymore but most people shouldn't be too affected by it.

Still, I want some major improvements to be made. Sony should be making SDK improvements and the PS4 should be pretty capable by next April. There isn't THAT much else to put in the PS4 as far as apps and such. Most of the whiners have been appeased besides unnecessary stuff like DLNA and obviously the most important one with music/SotS.

And as far the devs go to kill off the PS3 version I will be happy. By next April the PS4 is going to be basically their ONLY focus in the major markets. It's time for this series to move on.

Graphically, MLB 14 was a laugher. IDK about smoothness I guess it was a touch smoother because all it was basically was an upscale with some fancy textures here and there.

With that being said 15 still looks like a beta in the graphics department if we are talking what they are capable of here.
Id love to know what sports games you play that would lead you to say that MLB 15 looks like a "beta" in the graphics department. Secondly anyone with any sort of knowledge of Sony or sports games in general knows that SCEA will not be doing away with the PS3 next year but that has nothing to do with their ability to make a good game on PS4. I don't see how people who enjoyed the ability to customize stadium music and walk ups via SoTS are whiners. SCEA for very obvious reason cannot implement music from the stadiums or walk up songs given the copy writing alone would make The Show cost hundreds of dollars just to purchase.. So yes SoTS is an important tool for realism hunters alike, I do not think that qualifies them as whiners.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 05-04-2015, 06:48 PM   #38
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler17
I would love to know how you have managed to gauge the FPS in all of these games other then simply going on assumptions and what someone else may have said which still leaves zero proof. There is not a single article I have seen saying the FPS in the show is lower than 60. I have seen absolutely zero frame drops or had really any sort of significant tearing either.
You can read about FPS in every review of these games. And it's really easy to spot by yourself if you had already played games in the range of 60/30/sub30. You don't need Digital Foundry to know that GTA V is running at 30 fps. The difference is huge. It's like you pretend a film is not black&white just because you love it. You don't know by any means what is a 60 fps game. You don't know nothing about input lag in games that are sub 30 ( fps ). Nothing. Or you're a liar.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
You can read about FPS in every review of these games. And it's really easy to spot by yourself if you had already played games in the range of 60/30/sub30. You don't need Digital Foundry to know that GTA V is running at 30 fps. The difference is huge. It's like you pretend a film is not black&white just because you love it. You don't know by any means what is a 60 fps game. You don't know nothing about input lag in games that are sub 30 ( fps ). Nothing. Or you're a liar.
Judging by the other posts in this thread I am not a liar nor am I incorrect in the thought that this game is not even close to running sub 30 or even 60 FPS. Perhaps your TV is of a lesser quality which would be understandable as there have been a few other threads inquiring about this issue. Perhaps you should give one of them a read.

PSN: I-JayDee-I
Old 05-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #40

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Not surprised this came to this but I've seen enough.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »