Home

Fantasy draft CPU teams carry 10+ relief pitchers

This is a discussion on Fantasy draft CPU teams carry 10+ relief pitchers within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fantasy draft CPU teams carry 10+ relief pitchers

Im a big fantasy draft person in sports games, especialy The Show and i have never had this issue in the past. But this season it seems almost every CPU drafted team carries 10+ relief pitchers and only 1-2 bench players. To anyone else who this is a major issue for please report it as a bug to see if it can be fixed.

I know now that work around is to draft all 30 teams. To anyone doing this what are some house rules to draft decent teams for the CPU. I have done it a few times and alwasy end up with 1 or 2 guys on every team that are rated under a 60 on the major league rosters to avoide putting a top prospect in the majors to never play. I also use the OSFM rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2015, 11:07 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Fantasy draft CPU teams carry 10+ relief pitchers

If you sim the first Year the rosters fix themselves in 2016. Not ideal but better than spending a whole day drafting IMO.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
If you sim the first Year the rosters fix themselves in 2016. Not ideal but better than spending a whole day drafting IMO.
Thats interesting that it corrects for year 2. Any thoughts as to why this might im beging to think that its because there are more pitchers rated higher and not enough position players.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

This has happened since at least MLB14 and is one of my betes noir of this series. It worked as it should in '12 (no idea about 13) but then suddenly was broken.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Also when you do fantasy draft, all the high rated players on OSFM that start out in A ball because of real life injury, actually get to play in 2015. I've noticed the computer never calls them up at any point in 2015 if you play a normal franchise.

So there are some pros and cons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I have done some testing and i think i know why the rosters correct in year 2. After simulating a few seasons i have found that at the beginning of spring training in year 2 and beyond all CPU teams start with 40 players in the majors and they move players down. This allows them to set better rosters.

So i think a fix is to have more players in the majors after a fantasy draft and then set your roster from there.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #7
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
I have done some testing and i think i know why the rosters correct in year 2. After simulating a few seasons i have found that at the beginning of spring training in year 2 and beyond all CPU teams start with 40 players in the majors and they move players down. This allows them to set better rosters.

So i think a fix is to have more players in the majors after a fantasy draft and then set your roster from there.
... or make them actually use Spring Training. The first ST is nothing but the 25 guys that are assigned to the roster.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy
... or make them actually use Spring Training. The first ST is nothing but the 25 guys that are assigned to the roster.
That depends on the roster you use. Default rosters have the full 40 man roster available in ST. Defualt OSFM only has 25 players on the 40 man so only 25 players are available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »