Home

I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball

This is a discussion on I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

I lowered the throwing and fielding sliders for both infield and outfield and am still seeing errors multiple times per game. The outfielders can't throw anything accurately.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #98
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

I had 4 errors in the last game.
Ellsbury did the piruoette on a routine fly ball and let up an inside the park hr, botched another ball he was camped under, beltran joined the party as well letting one twist him up for a triple, and gardner misplayed a regular pop up in foul territory which somehow was called an error. the out would have ended the game.
the jays then scored 3 times in that 9 the inning to win the game.

oh this wonky fielding is killing me.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #99
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorb95
I lowered the throwing and fielding sliders for both infield and outfield and am still seeing errors multiple times per game. The outfielders can't throw anything accurately.
Just to make sure we all understand you . . .

You "lowered" the sliders for throwing and fielding for everyone, and then you're saying the accuracy and strength of their throws got worse? Call me crazy, but I think you need to be "raising" these sliders.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, which is possible because my wife says I can be quite dense sometimes, LOL.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #100
Banned

It happened to me today three times in the same game.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #101
Rookie

Glad to see I'm not the only one struggling to catch fly balls in the OF. They definitely made things more difficult over '14 and I don't like it. I thought I would've gotten used to it by now but just about every single game one of my OF'ers is screwing up a catchable ball and ruining the 'sim' experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2015, 10:39 AM   #102
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Just lower the error slider
Old 07-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #103
Rookie

I've noticed this too, but it's not nearly as annoying as when the outfielders decide to take their sweet time getting the ball into the infield. 3 times this year I've had guys score from second on a "sac fly" because I catch the ball on the run (throws already loaded) and instead of hustling the ball in, he'll turn, take a couple seconds and casually toss the ball to the cut off man!

It happens on balls hit to the wall as well, the game is terrible at reading situations and having players behave accordingly at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »