Home

Analog "Diving" while fielding defies Physics and logic...and needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Analog "Diving" while fielding defies Physics and logic...and needs to be fixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Thumbs down Analog "Diving" while fielding defies Physics and logic...and needs to be fixed

If you ever played online...then you know what I'm talking about.

I use it all the time and feel guilty about it (But won't stop doing it if the option is there)

While fielding...if you use the Right analog to dive towards a base or a runner you are able to defy the laws of physics.

How? Your player animation could be diving one way...but once you slide the right analog towards whoever is running ,you can virtually defy logic and go from being in the middle of diving to the right...to quickly diving the opposite way and getting some really cheap tagged outs.

Kinda hard to explain without footage...has anyone else realize how cheap this is sometimes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Analog "Diving" while fielding defies Physics and logic...and needs to be fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by berenjena
If you ever played online...then you know what I'm talking about.

I use it all the time and feel guilty about it (But won't stop doing it if the option is there)

While fielding...if you use the Right analog to dive towards a base or a runner you are able to defy the laws of physics.

How? Your player animation could be diving one way...but once you slide the right analog towards whoever is running ,you can virtually defy logic and go from being in the middle of diving to the right...to quickly diving the opposite way and getting some really cheap tagged outs.

Kinda hard to explain without footage...has anyone else realize how cheap this is sometimes?
Unfortunately, this is not limited to online play. I made a throw from LF to home that veered off towards the right. My catcher dove to get to it, I reflexively pressed R2 towards home/the runner, and my catcher completely and instantaniously changed course and tagged out the runner. I haven't seen it much, luckily...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »