Home

Called up prospects. How are they doing in your franchise?

This is a discussion on Called up prospects. How are they doing in your franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Called up prospects. How are they doing in your franchise?

Just wanted to do another fun thread.

Thought it would be cool to have a thread where we discuss how prospects are playing in your franchise.

I've called up Tommy Pham and Stephen Piscotty in my franchise.

I called up Tommy Pham when Holiday went on the 15-Day DL. Tommy has been playing great! So good that that when Holiday returned, I sent Randal Grichuk down to Memphis. Pham is hitting .307 with 1 HR and 14 RBI's in his MLB stint.

Piscotty was called up after I made a trade that sent Reynolds to Toronto. I needed someone that could play the corner positions so I brought him up. Piscotty has not disappointed as he is hitting .533 with 0 HR's and 9 RBI's. He has also has made some web gems at both 3rd base and 1st base.

So how about you? How are your prospects performing?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Called up prospects. How are they doing in your franchise?

Jameson Taillon got the call up for me in Pittsburgh after Charlie Morton was doing terrible. Taillon did worse! He had an ERA of 11+ in 5 starts and is back in AAA.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Michael Cuddyer got hurt the third game of the season so I called up Dilson Herrera and he's doing ok, .250 avg, 1hr, 14 rbi, 8 sb. Now Matt Harvey just went down so I called up Noah Syndergaard, he didn't have such a good start in his first game. 4 2/3 innings 6 runs, 9 hits, against the Giants. Hopefully his next start will be better.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I did a fantasy draft and now I'm in my second season with the Cubs. I called up Julio Urias at the start of my second season and he was absolutely dominating the league with around a 2.70 ERA before he got hurt.
I called up Carlos Rondon at the latter half of my first season and he helped me get the wild card in my first season with a sub 3 ERA. He started my second year injured. After he came back he was struggling with an around 4.50 ERA, but then he had a hot streak lowering his ERA to around 3.30, before he got injured as well.
I also called up Archie Bradley at the start of my second season and he was doing fine with an around 3.50 ERA before I dealt him as part of a package for Yu Darvish(I'm went all in this year as my players have been mostly doing really well: I have an around 100-38 record right now).
With both Urias and Rondon injured I called up Henry Owens, who has really struggled so far with an over 5.00 ERA; hopefully he pulls his act together.
I also called up Michael Santos for my final rotation spot; he has yet to make his first start, but he has had a phenomenal year so far. He started the year with under a 2.50 ERA in AA. I moved him up to AAA and he maintained an under 2.50 ERA as well. Hopefully the trend continues in the majors and he can help hold the fort while Urias and Rondon get back.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Called up Swihart in august of my first season and he's has started since. He's hit .295 with 11 home runs in about 300 at bats( I'm currently in may 2016). Owens got a couple spot starts the first season and earned the #5 spot out of spring the next year. He's pitched really well with a era in the mid 2s but I've been careful with his workload so far. The biggest surprise has been Younginer. In about 100 AA innings had a era of 1.75 with 10 K/9. Moved up to AAA and kept the strikeouts up and had a era of 2.5. No room in the future rotation so I moved him to the bullpen where he's become my #3 guy behind Taz and Koji
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I traded a prospect for Wil Myers a few years ago. Eli Rosario.. he won ROTY and has hit 30+ HR each of his first 2 years.

I have a rookie at 2B this year who is hitting .290ish with 4 HR in about 50 games. Here's a video of his latest HR off of Julio Urias of the Dodgers.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1

start of season in my cubs season i lose castro for the year out 6 months. so called up kris byrant to pay 3rd move La Stella to 2nd and moved baez to ss till he got hurt for 2 months well at end of june byrant is winning triple crown atm with 26 homers (2nd place has 19 in nl) 76 rbis 2nd place has 54 in nl and has a .349 avg 2nd place is .345 i play with quick counts on and been getting a lot of 3-1 ,,,,3-2 counts with bryant hitting 3rd with rizzo behind him with them good hitter counts i have been getting alot of fastballs up and away which leads to his homers. i also run my pitcher in th 8th slot like madden does and gives bryant alot of rbi chances
Old 05-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostciv
start of season in my cubs season i lose castro for the year out 6 months. so called up kris byrant to pay 3rd move La Stella to 2nd and moved baez to ss till he got hurt for 2 months well at end of june byrant is winning triple crown atm with 26 homers (2nd place has 19 in nl) 76 rbis 2nd place has 54 in nl and has a .349 avg 2nd place is .345 i play with quick counts on and been getting a lot of 3-1 ,,,,3-2 counts with bryant hitting 3rd with rizzo behind him with them good hitter counts i have been getting alot of fastballs up and away which leads to his homers. i also run my pitcher in th 8th slot like madden does and gives bryant alot of rbi chances
Bryant is mashing in my franchise too, almost identical numbers for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »