Home

CP Fatigue?

This is a discussion on CP Fatigue? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1
Question CP Fatigue?

5 games into a 13 game stretch with no breaks...... my CP is a bit over 1/2 energy...... what do you guysdo the rest your CP in this scenario?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CP Fatigue?

You just need a game or 2 in a row where you dont need to use him. Most closers will not pitch in more then 3 games in a row.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

If my CP has been called upon a lot in a stretch, sometimes I'll designate a day where I won't call on the CP no matter what, and instead use another RP as my de facto closer for the day. Clubs do that sometimes in real life.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
If my CP has been called upon a lot in a stretch, sometimes I'll designate a day where I won't call on the CP no matter what, and instead use another RP as my de facto closer for the day. Clubs do that sometimes in real life.

This^^^^^

I use the Mets and my backup closer (for lack of a better term), is Vic Black, then Carlos Torres depending on how I have used guys.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1

okie dokie thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Not necessarily a CP, but a very similar situation. In my Phillies Franchise I ended up getting Tanner Roark in a trade. I put him into my starting rotation and everything went fine for his first 2 or 3 starts. After his 4th and 5th start later in the season, I noticed that his stamina is not recovering fully in time for his normal day to pitch in the rotation. His Stamina rating is not that bad compared to many starting pitchers, but he is designated a RP because that was his role with the Nationals and is his role currently in real life. Is this why his recovery in-between starts is longer? It is to the point that I either need to take him out of the rotation, which I do not really want to do, or use a 6 man rotation.

I apologize if this should have been posted in another spot, but I thought it was a similar situation.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #7
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeusername 2
Not necessarily a CP, but a very similar situation. In my Phillies Franchise I ended up getting Tanner Roark in a trade. I put him into my starting rotation and everything went fine for his first 2 or 3 starts. After his 4th and 5th start later in the season, I noticed that his stamina is not recovering fully in time for his normal day to pitch in the rotation. His Stamina rating is not that bad compared to many starting pitchers, but he is designated a RP because that was his role with the Nationals and is his role currently in real life. Is this why his recovery in-between starts is longer? It is to the point that I either need to take him out of the rotation, which I do not really want to do, or use a 6 man rotation.

I apologize if this should have been posted in another spot, but I thought it was a similar situation.
I dont think it should matter. If it is for some reason just change his position to SP.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeusername 2

Stamina effects how long they can last.

Durability effects how quickly they recover.

However even some high stamina, high durability pitchers need an extra day to rest sometimes. Especially if your in a 15 game stretch and they pitched long into a game early on.

I've actually started doing a 6 pitcher rotation. It's harder to manage and GM but it keeps your SPs nice and fresh. Also helps prevent injury.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »