Home

I just love this Game.........

This is a discussion on I just love this Game......... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #41
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: I just love this Game.........

Yea I just love it. I'm already 105 games in and I've played probably 100 of them. A couple sims just when I wanted to get by a game.

It's a frustrating game but rewarding. There are issues but they aren't constant and don't ruin the fun.

I can sit down for hours and just play. No other game is like that for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #42
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with the OP for the most part and it is a good post. Of course every game is going to have its share of bugs and imperfections. My only beefs with it are what I feel are poor design decisions. For example taking the stride out of pure analog and not leaving an option for it and the starting pitcher stamina issue in the postseason which forces you to use a 6 man rotation in the playoffs when pretty much every team uses a 4 man rotation in postseason play. Those are just 2 off the top of my head and they're more so disagreements with the devs than they are broken parts of the game.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #43
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4

I just want to thank all you early adopters who beta tested this game. One or two more patches and this game will be ready for a purchase when it hits $20. Shame they are the only ones (developers) I know of that can't get the online part of the game right. What's it been 10 years now? Yeah, I just love this Game.........
Old 05-19-2015, 12:05 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
I just want to thank all you early adopters who beta tested this game. One or two more patches and this game will be ready for a purchase when it hits $20. Shame they are the only ones (developers) I know of that can't get the online part of the game right. What's it been 10 years now? Yeah, I just love this Game.........

Honestly, it's ridiculous posts like this that make people with legitimate issues look bad. I had an issue and yes, there were plenty of people who just assumed I was another person complaining for the sake of complaining, but when the nonsense died down and people like bkrich and Millenium and kehlis took the time to explain my issues in a clear, concise fashion, it opened my mind to realizing that maybe it wasn't the game and it was me not playing smart baseball. Are there issues? Yes. But when you get down to it, it still plays an absolutely fantastic game of baseball.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:32 AM   #45

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
Honestly, it's ridiculous posts like this that make people with legitimate issues look bad. I had an issue and yes, there were plenty of people who just assumed I was another person complaining for the sake of complaining, but when the nonsense died down and people like bkrich and Millenium and kehlis took the time to explain my issues in a clear, concise fashion, it opened my mind to realizing that maybe it wasn't the game and it was me not playing smart baseball. Are there issues? Yes. But when you get down to it, it still plays an absolutely fantastic game of baseball.
Just ignore him, he troll posts in the show forums. Its his schtick.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 02:57 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I feel this is especially the case with the fielding complaints and things of that nature in this game. People want a "realistic" game, but when they are faced with the realism of not every play being perfectly made they suddenly aren't that interested in realism.

Yep. This game is one of the few sports games I've played that has realistic mistakes.

Guys that try to take extra bases too much, botched fielding plays, chasing trash in the dirt - and now the fielding mistakes are more tied to ratings and in a realistic way (reading the ball and taking differing routes). I see a big difference in, say, Carlos Gonzalez in LF vs Stanton in RF with fielding deep fly balls. Finally, I can see fielders actually "outrunning their mistakes" in a more realistic way.

That, carry over saves, and improved ball physics (loving this too), and a directional hitting system that actually matters (the "influencing" never worked well enough for me, but this new system does - I'm actually really hitting over 50% of balls in the air with Chris Davis and close to Yelich's 60% on the ground).
Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #47
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have already played over 180 games both on and offline.

This years game is hands down the GOAT. Not only is offline franchise better than it has ever been, not only is the on field game better than it has ever been, but online has opened the pandora's box for me.

Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise has simply made it impossible for me to take this game out of my console......ever. I have not stopped playing since release.

User fielding this year is on the level I had been waiting for since this games debut.

Ball physics are off the hook.

Ball spins and pitch recognition is amazing.

The lighting....omg the lighting!

Incredible game despite some bugs.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #48
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I have already played over 180 games both on and offline.

Incredible game despite some bugs.
180 games.. man where do you get the time lol??

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »