Home

Wil Myers 1b?

This is a discussion on Wil Myers 1b? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wil Myers 1b?

So I logged on and checked my diamond dynasty cards and I guess when Myers sprained his wrist last week they moved him to 1b? I am confused. I also noticed Gausman was made a SP even though he has been a reliever and is on the DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Wil Myers 1b?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
So I logged on and checked my diamond dynasty cards and I guess when Myers sprained his wrist last week they moved him to 1b? I am confused. I also noticed Gausman was made a SP even though he has been a reliever and is on the DL.
He's been playing 1B in real life the last 2 weeks. Been there since Alonso went down. Chances are one of his secondary positions is now 1B on the Show.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #3
X marks the spot

zephyr13's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
Wil Myers was moved to 1B IRL when Yonder Alonso went on the DL with a bone bruise in his shoulder...
Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #4
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Gausman was never going to be stuck in the bullpen for long. He recently went on the DL, but should be off soon. The Orioles plan is to send him to AAA to be a starter again, and possibly move him up to MLB to be a starter. Tillman hasn't been that good, Norris has been horrible
Old 05-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Fours's Arena

It's strange that they reacted to a situation position change so quickly, but they haven't noticed that Bryce Harper and Werth switched RF-LF, and have played every game this year at the new positions.

I'd love to stop taking a 20% hit on Harper in RF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

Is the 20% hit to Harper because he is playing a secondary position? That happens?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Fours's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Yankees
Is the 20% hit to Harper because he is playing a secondary position? That happens?
I only know from reading posts here, but apparently the info came from a developer. 20% reduction in defensive attributes for playing a secondary position, 40% loss for playing out of position completely.

Last edited by Fours; 05-19-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr13
Wil Myers was moved to 1B IRL when Yonder Alonso went on the DL with a bone bruise in his shoulder...
Ok sorry haha I missed the Myers move my bad but Gausman is still questionable to me. He hasnt started a game yet and it is frustrating because to start the year he was listed SP in this game but was in the bullpen. I had him in my rotation then they changed him to a reliver and I had to get a new starter and make him my long man. Now he is back to a starter when I am using him at reliver so I have to get a new long man. I just wish if a guy is really able to do both or whatever In real life then in Diamond Dynasty you could use him in the bullpen or starter if you want. Jesse Chavez Yusmeiro Petit Brad Hand those guys should be able to start or long relive IMO. I like having a stable lineup and this really hurts it. Now with Myers I was platooning him in cf with Joc sometimes but thats out the window because he was already poor at defense and now he would be awful since he is a 1b so I have to go get another outfielder even though I don't want one and was happy with my lineup. Maybe they should have two cards for a guy changing a position during the season is something I thought of. They could just issue wil myers 1b and cf cards or Gausman rp or sp cards something like that. Sorry for the long post wanted to know what others thought?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »