Home

Zero point in having a good defensive catcher online when baserunning is so op

This is a discussion on Zero point in having a good defensive catcher online when baserunning is so op within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Zero point in having a good defensive catcher online when baserunning is so op

May have to start treating the Catcher position as my DH in DD...

Molina or Salvador Perez...well it doesn't matter because good runners will run left and right against these catchers anyway.

Stealing 3rd base is an absolute joke...I can see it coming, side delivery, pitch out...whatever...I can't stop a speedy guys anyway.

Hamilton or Ellsbury get to first base? may as well count it as a triple.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Zero point in having a good defensive catcher online when baserunning is so op

Don't forget about the squeeze bunt when they get to third.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Zero point in having a good defensive catcher online when baserunning is so op

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Don't forget about the squeeze bunt when they get to third.
Getting a GOOD bunt is wayyyy too easy in this game.

Everyone is Luis Castillo
Old 05-23-2015, 01:07 PM   #4
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Slidestep. Throw over. Vary time to plate.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Fours's Arena

I got Yadi in my gold rewards on day 1 and he's played every game for me. If not for that, I would have went with the DH catcher plan, but it's worked out surprisingly well defensively.

Back when I had the patience to play through a buntfest, in one game I picked off 4 or 5 guys at first, and with slide steps and pitchouts(ya, he was running back to first on pitchouts) Molina gunned them down at almost 40%, which is close enough to realistic. And that was the typical Hamilton, Young jr, Altuve, etc..

It wasn't fun at all, and I would never waste an hour doing it again, but having a great defensive catcher can give you some outs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2015, 01:53 AM   #6
Just started!

I made My Created Character my Catcher I rarely have anyone successfully steal 2nd base on me. Even Hamilton. But when I do have someone with 90+ steal I always quick pitch with a high fastball and then simply gun them down.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:19 PM   #7
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Lefty 1st baseman is more important to controlling the running game. A right handed 1st baseman makes pickoffs impossible. He can't get the tag down even with a 2 step lead.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Lefty 1st baseman is more important to controlling the running game. A right handed 1st baseman makes pickoffs impossible. He can't get the tag down even with a 2 step lead.
This was true before the 1st or 2nd patch but they changed something so it's pretty much impossible no matter what type of 1st baseman you have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »