Home

Please get rid of the unhittable pitch

This is a discussion on Please get rid of the unhittable pitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-08-2015, 11:30 PM   #49
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Please get rid of the unhittable pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Just wanted to share a video of 2 innings I had last night. I admit, I probably would have fared better if I was more patient but the intent was to show what happens when someone keeps swinging at these high and tight pitches. Also, keep in mind I was just playing casual so I was more careless than I probably should have been.

If you are willing to study the video I'm looking for tips on how to be better with these pitches. Is it simply an issue where I'm just too late on these pitches? Notice how I place the PCI in the upper inside corner but after the pitch I'm always under the ball. I don't think I'm moving the PCI during the pitch but maybe I am but not aware of it.

From what I see, I think you are releasing L3 right before you start swinging. If you look closely, in most pitches, you see the PCI move toward the center on the swing.

I'd really make sure to hold L3 steady and try again. Those are great fastball pitchers so catching up would still be tough (especially if off-speed junks are mixed in effectively), but if I try to find any glaring issue, then that's something I quickly noticed.

I have the same issue of not holding L3 steady at times, and need to actively correct that tendency quite often.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:11 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
From what I see, I think you are releasing L3 right before you start swinging. If you look closely, in most pitches, you see the PCI move toward the center on the swing.

I'd really make sure to hold L3 steady and try again. Those are great fastball pitchers so catching up would still be tough (especially if off-speed junks are mixed in effectively), but if I try to find any glaring issue, then that's something I quickly noticed.

I have the same issue of not holding L3 steady at times, and need to actively correct that tendency quite often.
Yeah, same here. It does look like the PCI is either re-centering or actually being pushed down. If it's the latter, it's the same kind of problem I have - that I often see a ball coming in as being lower than it actually is, and moving my PCI down to adjust to it. The result is the same as baseballsim's - pop-ups.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:06 AM   #51
Just started!

OVR: 0

I wanted to reply to this cause I had something funny happen.

I absolutely love the inside high fastball. My created character has only one blue zone in his hitting zone and its the High and tight area. So I have people consistantly trying to pitch me there and I crush it.

Last Night I was losing 3-0 in the 9th inning. In this game everytime Jose Bautista came up for the guy I would strike him out by throwing up and in to him. On his last at bat I threw 3 straight pitches up and in and he was never able to make contact.

Then in the 9th inning I got two straight hits and he walked my 4th place batter. Now here comes my Jose Bautista.

For some reason the way I treated his Bautista I new what was going to happen so I waited for it.

He attempted to throw me the exact same pitch I gave him, up and in and I ambushed the pitch and crushed a 457 foot triple decker home run in New York Mets stadium for a walk off Homerun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #52
Just started!

Use zone hitting, place the marker and hit it out of the ballpark. I usually play timing, but when I see someone using that spot too much, I just wait for it the next time.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #53
Rookie

andrew342678's Arena

never had this happen to me
Old 06-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugleme
High and tight in the strike zone is effective - even in real life. It's a jam pitch unless you have a quick bat and can turn on it. Definitely not cheese, though. If I can't hit those, then yes, my opponent should spam me all day. Weakness exposed.

Do you play or have you ever played baseball beyond the console, excluding tee ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree with this. I was watching the Jays and Marlins the other night and the only way they got Stanton out was pitching him high in tight. He hit three bombs when they didn't pitch him inside.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »