Home

Please get rid of the unhittable pitch

This is a discussion on Please get rid of the unhittable pitch within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-25-2015, 12:52 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Please get rid of the unhittable pitch

High and in fastball everyone knows it cheese and the ump always call it a strike even if it's outside the zone. It ruins the game and don't give me any BS on how you can hit it because everyone knows it cheese/OP and exploits the s*it out of it. All i ask is for that pitch to be hittable and not always make it a pop out/foulout/strikeout because honestly barely any pitchers in the MLB can hit that spot with the consisenty the people online do and it's more often than not is called a ball even if when in the strike zone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 02:46 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Please get rid of the unhittable pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschlez
High and in fastball everyone knows it cheese and the ump always call it a strike even if it's outside the zone. It ruins the game and don't give me any BS on how you can hit it because everyone knows it cheese/OP and exploits the s*it out of it. All i ask is for that pitch to be hittable and not always make it a pop out/foulout/strikeout because honestly barely any pitchers in the MLB can hit that spot with the consisenty the people online do and it's more often than not is called a ball even if when in the strike zone
well you dont want to hear my bull**** reply so ill just say stop playing online
Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #3
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

Use zone hitting, place the marker and hit it out of the ballpark. I usually play timing, but when I see someone using that spot too much, I just wait for it the next time.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Let me grab my , so I can listen to more of this.... Lol.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Take yor cursor and move it up. If somebody is throwing high heat all of the time, release early and make them pay. If you aim low all the time, then that is your fault; you have to make adjustments just as in real life.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #6
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Up and in IS extremely difficult to hit, especially when it's a 90+ fast ball in the majors or high minors. Being able to throw it at the edge for strikes is impressive but also means it's hittable. I'd look for it early in the game and start to lay off in the middle innings when most starters lose some fine motor control. That and contact swing to protect with two strikes, if you're not already doing that. I can't count how many guys don't protect the zone when they are behind in the count. (Low and away fast ball or change usually finishes them off for me, anyway. Not to mention it's a hard location to take deep.)
Old 05-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Fours's Arena

Colby Rasmus has been saying this about sliders thrown anywhere at all for years. He asked the league to ban them because pitchers have been slider spamming him and causing him to strike out at an alarming rate.

Oh, the sweet crack of the... glove..

Old 05-25-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I love the high fastball. It has become so predictable online that you can do some serious damage being ready for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »