Home

Is it worth starting over now that the OSFM V.2 Roster is out?

This is a discussion on Is it worth starting over now that the OSFM V.2 Roster is out? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth starting over now that the OSFM V.2 Roster is out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I restarted because I noticed a lot of the minor leagues in v1 were unequally rated (not everyone was on the same page and it was quite obvious).

Going through v2 it was readily apparent that Ridin made absolute sure all the teams were rated on the same scale. Just a phenomenal overall roster.

Why must you point this out?? Lol, I REALLY don't want to start over. I told myself I wouldn't do this..... Ugh. Is it that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #42
Rookie

DJeterFan2's Arena

I'm thinking what I'll do is "start over" once my current 2015 season is up in my franchise. I don't want to lose the progress I've made so far, yet I do want to have any budget issues cleaned up before the offseason begins.

I'm most likely going to re-create a franchise and simulate through the first season to replicate my current season as best as I can as far as standings and postseason achievements. Any major trades that take place during the season will also be implemented in my new franchise. There hasn't been a lot so far, which I'm okay with.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #43
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Are you guys considering giving up on your current franchises now that the new OSFM is out? Do you guys think it's worth it and how significant are they changes actually?

IMO, yes it is because of Ridin using the new update from SCEA where height and weight was corrected for some players. Plus all the equiptment added to players is just too much for me personally to pass up. I actually like waiting for pitch edits just because they add realism where SCEA pitches aren't always correct and the FB/Change velocity adjustments get fixed with pitch edits as for some reason SCEA seems to get this wrong all the time.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #44
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
IMO, yes it is because of Ridin using the new update from SCEA where height and weight was corrected for some players. Plus all the equiptment added to players is just too much for me personally to pass up. I actually like waiting for pitch edits just because they add realism where SCEA pitches aren't always correct and the FB/Change velocity adjustments get fixed with pitch edits as for some reason SCEA seems to get this wrong all the time.

Pitch edits are nice just remember if you play franchise as rookies are brought in they will be on a diff rating scale with pitches and as years progress will be unbalanced

Old 05-27-2015, 01:41 AM   #45
Just started!

Are you guys considering giving up on your current franchises now that the new OSFM is out? Do you guys think it's worth it and how significant are they changes actually?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 03:42 AM   #46
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley
Pitch edits are nice just remember if you play franchise as rookies are brought in they will be on a diff rating scale with pitches and as years progress will be unbalanced

I have always rerated drafted pitchers pitches, as movement tends to be the biggest discrepancy between the pitch edits that guys do compared to the incoming draftees. As far as minors go that re in the game, I was thinking those pitch ratings were typically based of the seanjeezy's philosophy in the past, but maybe I might be wrong about that. I guess I might need to look into that as I know some of the MILB pitchers don't have any data on them, so thanks for the heads up on that, as I don't want things skewed between minors and major league players.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-27-2015, 07:28 AM   #47
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Talking about the contracts in the thread in the roster forum. I've done some sims, all seems well.
Great news! I just ran a test myself and everything was fine, guess looks I'll restarting.
One thing remains though, with all teams having around 10 mio budget room in year 1, players on big contracts are very hard to trade anywhere (e.g. Cole Hamels, who is making over 20 mio...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley

True stuff. That's why that roster might be the best.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #48
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

I restarted with v2. Actually, I didn't have to restart as I did RTTS and diamond dynasty while waiting. Set up my franchise last night and I'm off next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »