Home

Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks

This is a discussion on Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #9
Rookie

Fours's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks

Stadiums are something they absolutely nailed. Each one seems to give you realistic park effects, especially noticeable with doubles and triples, I don't know how to confirm it, but it seems to me that the ball reacts differently in some stadiums, grass/turf effects..

As each series ends in a season and you step into a new stadium it brings a unique feel, the size, sounds, features.. I wait for the first high fly ball each time and put the marker on the ball, wait until it's at the highest point, and spin around zooming in on things. Exploring the stadiums and seeing all the small details is very cool(to me), and I don't think any sports game has ever done it better than MLB 15.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #10
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

I Definitely think that there are park effects in the game as well just from experience.
The one question I have though that I have not been able to confirm or get a feel for yet in the game is how air temperature effects ball flight like it does in real life. I would love to hear from a developer if they have that. If so it would be really cool but a little frustrating since it seems like every game I play in Safeco is like 50 degrees, even in June, which just is not right since by the end of May, the Average temp in Seattle is the upper 60s and then the 70s and 80s throughout June and August (sure there are chillier days but thats the averages). I am an Ms fan, so that it gets a little annoying seeing fans in parkas during a July game haha.
I guess another example of that too would be how the ball tends to die in Dodger stadium earlier in the year during night games unless your name happens to be Joc, Stanton, or Cruz haha.

In case anyone is interested in updated park factors, here they are after last season (I sorted them by HR. 100 means league average, so 116 would mean 16% above average)...

**Charts collected from Fangraphs
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 05-28-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
Rookie

Definitely a noticeable difference in ballparks. Parks like Yankee Stadium and Great American Ballpark gives up a lot more home runs than Comerica and Petco. Coors gives up home runs and extra base hits.

In my Franchise, Yankees gotten swept in a 3 game series in Comerica struggling to score, and hitting just one home run. They later faced the Tigers at home and won 2 of 3, both wins were during slugfests. I loved seeing how that shows certain teams playing to their home park's strengths.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #12
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I don't know if it's just in my mind and a placebo effect but I seemingly always pitch well at Dodger Stadium and Citi Field.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-28-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Ghostciv's Arena

OVR: 1

the ballpark u play in has huge upside/downside to everything. before i go to the rockies/giants ballparks i make sure my speed guys r well rested before i go there. them 2 parks i tend to hit alot of triples in which is my fav thing to watch in real life or play in the show
Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
As each series ends in a season and you step into a new stadium it brings a unique feel, the size, sounds, features.. I wait for the first high fly ball each time and put the marker on the ball, wait until it's at the highest point, and spin around zooming in on things. Exploring the stadiums and seeing all the small details is very cool(to me), and I don't think any sports game has ever done it better than MLB 15.

Just to add on to what you said: I never get board playing The Show and it's because of the unique and Authentic ballparks. When I play NHL, after about 2-3 games it's boring there's no umff (for lack of a better "word"). Fifa is a close second with uniqueness. I don't get too bored playing that. As for Madden, I don't play too much to really get bored.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:30 AM   #15

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I don't know if it's just in my mind and a placebo effect but I seemingly always pitch well at Dodger Stadium and Citi Field.
I simply can't hit at Dodger Stadium to save my life, which is a real problem since I play 81 games there a season. I score, on average, 2 fewer runs at home then on the road and my power numbers are damn near obsolete as well. I know they made parks unique but Dodger Stadium seems a touch overdone based on the stats someone posted above with Dodger Stadium being above the league average for HR's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson
I know that they have park effects for Colorado in the game. The parks are also built to spec so you'll want fast guys in your OF at KC and COL. I'd say yes would be a simple answer to your question.
I don't understand why people say this. I am a MoM player so my lack of joystick skills are not a factor in this game and I am also a Rockies fan who plays the game using the Rockies. My Rockies offense is only a middle of the road team in terms of runs produced and batting average and I am one of the worst teams when it comes to homeruns. If Coors Field produces above average offense, I guess I have a completely different game than the rest of you folks. Oh and to show how backwards this game is. Using default sliders, my pitching staff is better than average.

Last edited by My993C2; 05-29-2015 at 11:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »