Home

Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks

This is a discussion on Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Hitters Ballparks vs Pitchers Ballparks

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I don't understand why people say this. I am a MoM player so my lack of joystick skills are not a factor in this game and I am also a Rockies fan who plays the game using the Rockies. My Rockies offense is only a middle of the road team in terms of runs produced and batting average and I am one of the worst teams when it comes to homeruns. If Coors Field produces above average offense, I guess I have a completely different game than the rest of you folks. Oh and to show how backwards this game is. Using default sliders, my pitching staff is better than average.
People say it because the developers have confirmed its in the game. Your hitters may be having a bad year while your pitching staff is having a good year.

What are you stat splits for home vs road for both hitters and pitchers?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #18
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I simply can't hit at Dodger Stadium to save my life, which is a real problem since I play 81 games there a season. I score, on average, 2 fewer runs at home then on the road and my power numbers are damn near obsolete as well. I know they made parks unique but Dodger Stadium seems a touch overdone based on the stats someone posted above with Dodger Stadium being above the league average for HR's.
How far are you into a season? Dodger stadium is unique in the fact that balls don't usually start really flying out there until the summer, especially for night games (this has not really shown up in park factor stats this year due to the power of guys like Joc and A Gon). I have only played there probably 10 times but also noticed that the wind tends to come straight out of center a lot, so that might be it too.
Also how much do you pull the ball? Center field there is fairly deep and can be hard to hit it out, but the corners are fairly short which contribute to it being above average for hitters (along with the small foul territory).
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 05-29-2015, 03:48 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Is it verified that temperature affects ball flight in game? I would be pleasantly surprised if that were the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
People say it because the developers have confirmed its in the game. Your hitters may be having a bad year while your pitching staff is having a good year.

What are you stat splits for home vs road for both hitters and pitchers?
My team's batting average is better at home than it is on the road. But it is still pretty low at home at a whopping .238 whereas on the road it is only .209 so if there is the massive advantage to playing at Coors Field once again it does not appear to be in my game. Perhaps my offense is so bad because Tulo can only play two nights in a row before he needs to be rested for one maybe two nights and Cargo is not much better. The only regular positional player I have that is having a decent at or above .300 year is Charlie Blackmon. But as mentioned earlier my pitching staff played very well during most of May after a so so start in April and I am actually a couple of games above .500 2nd place in the division but miles behind the front running Dodgers. Right now if the team can stay in the hunt for the remaining 4 months it will be as a wildcard team. Dodgers look too good to be caught.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadreFan84
Is it verified that temperature affects ball flight in game? I would be pleasantly surprised if that were the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seem to recall reading from a dev on here it does. I'm trying to find the post.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 04:47 PM   #22
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

Quote:
My team's batting average is better at home than it is on the road. But it is still pretty low at home at a whopping .238 whereas on the road it is only .209 so if there is the massive advantage to playing at Coors Field once again it does not appear to be in my game. Perhaps my offense is so bad because Tulo can only play two nights in a row before he needs to be rested for one maybe two nights and Cargo is not much better. The only regular positional player I have that is having a decent at or above .300 year is Charlie Blackmon. But as mentioned earlier my pitching staff played very well during most of May after a so so start in April and I am actually a couple of games above .500 2nd place in the division but miles behind the front running Dodgers. Right now if the team can stay in the hunt for the remaining 4 months it will be as a wildcard team. Dodgers look too good to be caught.
The stats you presented actually make sense. You are batting 14% better at home then on the road (.209/(.238-.209) = ~14%), which would not be far off from the 17% above average that Coors is in terms of overall hitting.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 05-30-2015, 09:51 AM   #23
MVP

Is Philadelphia known for a park that gives up a lot of home runs? Last night I played a MoM game there where my Rockies hit two home runs in the game while the Phillies hit six. Eight home runs in one game. That's more home runs than I've seen for all the games I played at Coors Field for the month of May.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #24
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Is Philadelphia known for a park that gives up a lot of home runs? Last night I played a MoM game there where my Rockies hit two home runs in the game while the Phillies hit six. Eight home runs in one game. That's more home runs than I've seen for all the games I played at Coors Field for the month of May.
Yes. In 2014 Citizens Bank Park ranked 6th in the category for most homeruns in a ballpark.

As for your last statement, there will always be stat anomalies in sports, especially baseball. That is what makes it unique.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »