Home

Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

This is a discussion on Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-30-2015, 04:18 AM   #9
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
So if the batter is on left side of the plate I want to push up right and if he's right side up left ? Basically u going opposite right?

Rich handed batter its up and left towards left field. Lefty it's up and right towards right field.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Make sure you aren't trying to hit every pitch out. Home runs will happen but you have to be patient. Working deep counts and pulling the ball when you get a pitch you can handle are key. You don't have to use power swing, I use it sometimes but only when I have a 2-0 or 3-1 count those are the best counts for a fastball right down the middle.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:11 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 24

Adding on to what nomo said about not being late... Once per at-bat (preferably not with 2 strikes lol), take a guess and swing in anticipation of the pitch (don't wait to read it).

That's how I hit most of my home runs with power hitters. I just go "I hope I get a fastball up and away" and power swing at the time one would want to swing for a fastball... but I don't take the time to see if its a fastball, I just time myself and go for it.

Sometimes a curveball comes in and I look like a moron, sometimes a fastball comes in up and away and I hit it over the fence.

I do this with any pitch and location, above was just an example.

If the at-bat doesn't end there, I go back to my normal approach and focus on putting the ball in play.

And to be clear, I'm not talking about using the guess pitch feature in The Show. I'm talking about actually guessing in your head and committing yourself to that pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by japinard
Can you change the camera view in Diamond Dyansty mode? I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Yes you can I believe in the Options menu. But even if you can't in there. If you change it outside of Diamond Dynasty, it will carryover and be your view when you go into a Diamond Dynasty game.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #13
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I was having the same problem with not hitting homeruns. I just finally bumped up the power slider one click and that has helped a lot. I'm in the first week of July and my team leader in HRs only has 12, so it's not like bumping the slider up one click makes it crazy or whatever.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #14
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

To answer a couple of questions on here and get back to the OP...

Yes, you can change the camera in diamond dynasty under presentation settings in the pause menu during the game. For some reason though I have noticed that it does not save it game to game for me (not entirely sure why).
But you can create a custom one and save that custom camera and then easily change to it each game if it does that for you as well (outside of DD, it will automatically go to the last camera setting you used each time).

As for high pitches, you do not want to necessarily always pull them, especially if you are an analogue hitter. If you try and pull a fastball that is away, you are going to hit it off the end of the bat and lose a lot of power that way. You can pull pitches middle to in, but outside pitches you will want to wait on them just a tad longer and then drive them into center or opposite field center (right center if a right handed batter and vice versa).
Another thing I noticed is that with 2 strike counts (using the normal swing on the analogue swing), I like to wait a split second longer to protect the plate while being able to read if I am getting a junk pitch first (obviously, I am not always perfect at that haha). What this then does is gives you the chance to drive pitches out opposite field or center field, and then if a change up or breaking ball gets left hanging you will be able to crush it pulling it. The downside here is anything hard and inside you will get jammed on, but you cant be looking for everything at once and hopefully you can foul those off instead of shattering your bat.
Remember that analogue hitting is 100% about timing and the game is made so that the timing window is smaller with analogue hitting. So to reiterate what I said at first, the most important thing with analogue power is timing up the pitches based on which part of the zone they are in... anything outside, wait a split second longer and send the other way, anything middle and in you can try to pull, but middle pitches are also great to hit out to dead center unless you are playing in like Houston or Detroit or Wrigley with the wind blowing in. Also, look for pitches and don't be trying to hit everything out. If your looking for something belt high or higher with less than 2 strikes, just don't swing. If you are trying to decided on whether or not to swing at an inside fastball with less than two strikes, then don't swing because you will already be too late by thinking.

I hope that is able to help some. For reference, I lead the league in homers with the Mariners on All Star and am like 7th or 8th with the Reds (use both in my franchise). The only slider I touch is the CPU control down 1 because I found them throwing too many strikes. I may have also bumped up the Human foul slider 1 too.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 05-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Biggest tip I have is don't try to hit a HR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Adding on to what nomo said about not being late... Once per at-bat (preferably not with 2 strikes lol), take a guess and swing in anticipation of the pitch (don't wait to read it).

That's how I hit most of my home runs with power hitters. I just go "I hope I get a fastball up and away" and power swing at the time one would want to swing for a fastball...
Up and away is the best pitch to hit a homerun with? Do you use the directional button as well or just hit the square button?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »