Home

Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

This is a discussion on Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

Thanks for all the feedback guys,

I think I found my problem. I knew something had felt wrong. That is, I had the batting setting to timing/analog. In the past, when analog was the main setting. It was zone/analog. I was ecstatic when I found this, yet I feel stupid that it took me this long. Some near 40 games into my franchise (playing every game), I hadn't enjoyed a game in a while, overcome with frustration.

So I made the tough decision to start over, this time using OSFM V2.1 (Love the edits, bucco roster is much more realistic.) I am playing opening day using zone/analog, I hit 2 home runs (Kang, Walker). The overall feel at the plate is much better. Finally, I can start fresh and enjoy my 162 game season playing every game. For those of you that think I am crazy quitting after playing 40 games. I never get tired of the bucs, so I wont have a problem playing another 162.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:30 AM   #18
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga77
Thanks for all the feedback guys,

I think I found my problem. I knew something had felt wrong. That is, I had the batting setting to timing/analog. In the past, when analog was the main setting. It was zone/analog. I was ecstatic when I found this, yet I feel stupid that it took me this long. Some near 40 games into my franchise (playing every game), I hadn't enjoyed a game in a while, overcome with frustration.

So I made the tough decision to start over, this time using OSFM V2.1 (Love the edits, bucco roster is much more realistic.) I am playing opening day using zone/analog, I hit 2 home runs (Kang, Walker). The overall feel at the plate is much better. Finally, I can start fresh and enjoy my 162 game season playing every game. For those of you that think I am crazy quitting after playing 40 games. I never get tired of the bucs, so I wont have a problem playing another 162.
What are your tips just curious

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 AM   #19
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

If it's low let it go. If it's high let it fly.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #20
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

1. Use Zone
2. Play online
3. Sit on the up and in fastball
4. ????
5. Profit
Old 06-03-2015, 03:47 PM   #21
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

as for a serious answer, it sounds like you are getting good wood on the ball, maybe just move your PCI slightly lower than where you are currently lining it up, to get slightly under the ball to get some of those shots some lift to get out. but homestly if you are hitting well, don't worry about it, the homers will come and just focus on getting some solid contact every time up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #22
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I was having the same problem with not hitting homeruns. I just finally bumped up the power slider one click and that has helped a lot. I'm in the first week of July and my team leader in HRs only has 12, so it's not like bumping the slider up one click makes it crazy or whatever.
Just curious what difficulty are you playing on?

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 06-11-2015, 12:31 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I know people say not to use power swing, but I say use it. Just be selective. Freeman has 16 hrs in my franchise and I am only a few days ahead of real life. I'd say 12 of them are power swings. I decide prepitch to use it and then I read the pitch and if I see fastball, I let it rip as long as it makes sense. I'm obviously not going to try and smash a fastball on the corner painting the black. If it is in the zone, barely inside and low, that's a good pitch to club out with a golf swing. High and in is if the timing is there. And obviously anything down the middle even high or low can be smashed.

I also have 3 HRs with Young Jr, all off of the power swing on fastballs high, but in the middle. I traded for Tomas and his HRs with me are all power swings on fastballs high. Then I also have Marte and he has 8 HRs, like 5 with me and they are all normal and contact swings. His have either all been inside fastballs I turned on or hanging breaking balls.

If I have guys on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs, I don't power swing. That's a contact situation. Focus on just putting the ball in play. If Freeman comes up to lead off and inning and has a 3-1 count, I'll think power, but I will shrink my window to almost right down the middle. However if he has a 3-1 count with 2 outs and no one on, I'll power swing away as long as it's a pitch I can drive. I am not as picky as I would be to start the inning off.

There are times where I swing for a grandslam or a 3 run hr, but they are rare. Mostly it's when I know the fastball is coming based off tendencies and the pitcher. Always learn the pitcher's tendencies. If I have noticed every 2-2 pitch has been a fastball in, I might take the risk and power swing. I've been fortunate enough to get HRs like that, especially with Tomas. I've hit a couple high fastballs that were actually halfway out of the zone high with 2 strikes just because I knew it was coming.

Don't expect to hit homers often though if you power swing all day. If I power swing all game I am probably going to see strikeouts, groundouts, and popouts all day. Some games I power swing 4-5 times. Some games I don't use it once. I've hda games where I went 3-4 with Freeman for 2 HRs and a double, all off the power swing because I knew fastball was coming. I've had games where I never used it and had Marte just pull a fastball down the line for a wall scraper on a regular swing.

If you go up to the plate expecting a homer, you won't hit it. If you learn when you can press with your players and have a higher chance, that;s when they come. I never think homer the second Freeman steps up to the plate, but once I get into the situations where I can power swing, I make my decision on whether or not to risk contact for power at that moment. Do not go up to bat and think I need to work to a 3-1 so I can load up and launch. Go up thinking of getting on base in anyway possible. And if you so happen to get that 3-1 count and know a fastball is coming, decide if you it is the right time to swing away.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »