Home

Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

This is a discussion on Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

I use Perfect sliders, adjusted the power and solid hits to 5 (default). I cant hit a Homerun to save my life.. 18 as a team (Im the pirates) in my franchise on May 18. Some say lower the difficulty, but I will be too good and get to many hits. I get so many hits, gap shots, off the wall. I get plenty of hits, score plenty of runs. Just can't hit a home run, I started using power swing more. Doesn't seem to help, my guys still foul off fastballs right down the middle power swing good timing. Any tips? Also, I always swing late on the high fastball (good home run pitch) any tips for this? I use analog timing hitting, no directional.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Please Teach my How to hit a Homerun.

Try not to use the power swing. I am an analog timing hitter too (doesn't seem to be too many of those people on here), and have no trouble hitting homers and only get an average amount of hits.
The power swing can definitely be effective but I hit just as many out with a normal swing as I do power swing, and I actually hit more no doubt homers with just the normal swing. You have to kind of be looking for high fastballs. So if its a hitters count, I am looking for anything belt and above and ready to swing if I see it out of the pitchers hand. If it is not in that zone, then I am just taking the pitch.
Also, if you are always late, it might have something to do with your camera view. I noticed with the default view, I tend to be late on a lot since it is so far zoomed out, so I do a custom catcher one and zoom it in and move it up a little. This is a personal preference and is different for everyone, but maybe worth a shot to try if you are using a more zoomed out angle (for like a 6' tall hitter, the camera at the bottom is at his high ankles and cuts off the top of his head to give you a reference for how zoomed in mine is).
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley
Old 05-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can you change the camera view in Diamond Dyansty mode? I can't seem to find a way to do that.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I never use the power swing just contact and normal. HR are all about timing and to some extent the count because youre forcing the oitcher to bring the FB. Ive found going with the pitch and only slightly moving the stick gives me the best results. I lead the league inHR by a wide margin using NYY.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:41 AM   #5
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga77

Also, I always swing late on the high fastball (good home run pitch) any tips for this? I use analog timing hitting, no directional.

That seems to be the key. Pulling the pitch is usually a good strategy when you want to generate power for the fences, so being late on high fastball may really be the culprit for your HR drought.

I would train to commit faster, so that you won't be late on those pitches... unless you are suffering from severe input lag (of your TV), you just need to train yourself ... and/or lower the Pitch Speed slider until you can at least catch up to them.

Using directional influence does help with timing, so I'd also try it till you can get down the timing. I think influence for pull helps you catch up to fastball a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2015, 03:35 AM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

How do you pull the ball using directional is that holding the left analog stick up left ?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 05-30-2015, 03:40 AM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
How do you pull the ball using directional is that holding the left analog stick up left ?
For the right handed batter, that would be correct. When you move the left analog stick, the direction should flash on the edge of strike zone. That's the direction you want your swing/approach to be influenced.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:58 AM   #8
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
For the right handed batter, that would be correct. When you move the left analog stick, the direction should flash on the edge of strike zone. That's the direction you want your swing/approach to be influenced.
So if the batter is on left side of the plate I want to push up right and if he's right side up left ? Basically u going opposite right?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »