Home

Has anyone seen the cpu sign a Free Agent during the season?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen the cpu sign a Free Agent during the season? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2015, 02:06 AM   #9
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Has anyone seen the cpu sign a Free Agent during the season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
We didnt even know about year to year saves a year ago
How didn't we?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-31-2015, 03:46 AM   #10
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am near September and I was looking through transactions and noticed that my Cardinals are the only team that signed a Free Agent thus far during the season. Now there were never numerous signings in past versions but there were some, especially to cover up injuries. This year, I haven't seen one.

Just curious if anyone else has seen a Free Agent be signed during the season.

Sounds like it is a bug in the game, as in years past I know that teams signed FA thruout the season. That really sucks if that's the case and IM guessing it wont get fixed either in a patch unfortunately.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-31-2015, 03:58 AM   #11
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
How didn't we?
We didnt get the trailer revealing it until December. So 7 months ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 03:59 AM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
So tired of the cleats, the hair, the brands, etc while player progression and issues like this are overlooked every year. What is so difficult about simming 20-30 years and seeing how stats look and make sure things such as free agency and team finances are working properly? I mean, we've had 3 updates and still have these glaring issues. Not sure what good year to year saves will be if stats and other basic issues don't work properly. Please, please fix this stuff.

I agree 100%, and its not just SCEA that does this crap, they are actually the best sports gaming company that tends to do things right for the most part, but it does seem stuff like this that potentially ruins franchise without using workarounds each yr does happen sadly.

It seems nowdays with allt he sports gaming companies they are more worried about looks and additions along with BS modes, and franchises in sprts games get the shaft each yr. I don't think any of these sports gaming companies spend any time testing franchise modes out and going deep into them several years and really investing a lot of time to make sure all is a go. You would think they would since franchise modes in sports games is still the most popular mode as much as the online whiners like to think not, the NBA2k onliners are the worst at this actually.

I will say SCEA is the best by far when it comes to putting out a quality game, even with these few flaws it seems we have each yr within franchise mode, I know it beats the heck out of NBA2k and Madden that's for sure as those are the only games I play outside MLBTS.

Luckily we have some great testers on this site like tabarnes that if there is a way he will find a workaround for almost any issue in franchise mode, although this 1 with teams not signing FA during the season I doubt can have a workaround, other than doing 30 team control an signing FA yourself to teams, which definitely isn't ideal, but I got a feeling we wont be seeing anymore patches this yr when it comes to a major issue like this in franchise mode.

It seems that mode gets the shaft each yr in every sports game when it comes to fixing issues, makes you think they do this so you will buy next years game, Im sure that's the way NBA2k does things as shady as they are, but MLBTS they tend to be good honest guys.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-31-2015, 06:55 AM   #13
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
But what did that trailer tell us we didn't know before? Y2Y saves were already annouced for The Show 14. See here:

http://forums.theshownation.com/foru...-features-list

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 05-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #14
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Lol... I don't have a clue when a trailer comes out or for that matter what exact date a game comes out, I tend to concentrate more on real life.
My point and concern was what's the big deal (which of course most everybody was going on how yr to yr saves was gonna be so great) about this feature if franchise gets so bent out of shape yrs down the road,and my comments and hope was that current issues (and now there's even more) would get ironed out before such a feature was touted as so great.
But... Of course that didn't happen... Imagine that huh...
Old 05-31-2015, 07:50 AM   #15
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
Lol... I don't have a clue when a trailer comes out or for that matter what exact date a game comes out, I tend to concentrate more on real life.
My point and concern was what's the big deal (which of course most everybody was going on how yr to yr saves was gonna be so great) about this feature if franchise gets so bent out of shape yrs down the road,and my comments and hope was that current issues (and now there's even more) would get ironed out before such a feature was touted as so great.
But... Of course that didn't happen... Imagine that huh...

The feature has nothing to do with the issues and the issues would be there regardless even if year to year saves wasn't brought in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2015, 07:58 AM   #16
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Please quote my words where I said that? Again point total missed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »